NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

I'll be going to Newcastle, for sure. The way the announcement sounded on the video made it seem like it was a week of shows in London so I'm thrilled to read here that it's an actual tour.

Loved the show.

It was great to see Liger in a WWE ring. As someone else said, he looked like he was having great fun and I was quite happy to see him win. A fun novelty.

Will the Dusty Classic involve the Tag Team Titles or not? If it wasn't for that I'd have been all for a B&M/Bliss vs Vaudevillains/Pants vs. Enzo & Cass/Carmella triple threat but I could see either of those challengers moving up to the main roster. The combination of Alexa with Blake & Murphy has done wonders for all of them. Crowd was great in this match.

Corbin's best match so far? I reckon so - and probably the best Joe's been in WWE as well. Really enjoyed that one, and I wasn't really expecting to.

Women's match, well, what can I say? It was fantastic, with a really strong story attached throughout. Sasha Banks may well be my pick for Wrestler of the Year, she was outstanding again here. The Four Horsewomen at the end was great.

Finn's entrance looked suitably big time (as did Breeze's and Banks' and B&M's, to be fair) and the ladder match delivered.

All in all, a superb show that'll be hard to top whenever I get the chance to watch Summerslam.

• Paid Members

I don't watch NXT TV at all so credit to the video packages and commentators because I watched this without feeling like I've missed anything. The standard was really good overall but the women's match stood out again. I almost typed that the Diva Revolution would mean something if they booked feuds with this much quality building to matches that meant this much but then I realised that applies to pretty much everything on Raw, not just women.

The work in these NXT women's title matches on big shows is just so far ahead of 99% of stuff you've ever seen from Divas on the main roster though. I'd keep the Bellas because they bring something a bit different that makes up for the average work but they really need to bin anyone who can't work this convincingly *cough*Naomi*cough*.

Really intrigued by the Dusty Rhodes tag tournament. Would love to see them mix it up with some big stars as promised (Orton & Cena please), some returners and some fresh talent. Could be really fun.

My brother rang me yesterday to see if I want to go see NXT. We haven't seen WWE since about 2004. I'll give it a go. Better not be a typical NXT wanker crowd though.

the video for Corbin/Joe was one of the best they've done in absolutely yonks. Both guys sounded badass, the narrative was extremely compelling and something every fan will have a take on. The actual content of what they were saying about each other with Corbin's dismissive attitude was spot on. The perfect opponents for each other. The match almost had a tough job following its video package.

Just got done with Takeover. Once again, fantastic show.

Was suprised that Liger won his match, but Breeze put in a great shift as he always does.

I actually really enjoyed Joe v Corbin and it the first time I've ever seen Apollo Crews, id heard the name when he was Uhaa Nation but never seen any of his work and look forward to seeing where they go with him.

The tag title match was good, and how great to see teams go with a colour scheme, whereas if you watch TNA, EVERY fucker is wearing black. Also great that Wesley Blake is now wearing trunks which makes it that bit easier to tell them apart.

The women's title match was great stuff and that reverse Hurricanrana was fucking mental.

The main event ladder match was also a tonne of fun, Owens took one hell of a bump onto the ladder towards the end. Also, great to see old ladder matches with the one ladder in the aisle, as opposed to having dozens of them around the ring

It's a telling time when TNA & Jeff can only dream of putting a show anywhere near as good as WWE developmental

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Thought more would have been made from Joe beating Corbin.  If I remember correctly, that is his first real clean loss, as the only other I can think is him losing to Balor, following interference from Bull Dempsey

Tickets for the Blackpool show are £30, £40, £50 and £100.  

Anyone know what the views will be like at Empress ballroom (i.e. will there be a good view from all seats or is it worth paying more?) 

If anything being up on the balconies will give you a better view/experience (I used to work at the venue and would regulary sit up in the balconies and watch whatever was going on with a perfect vantage point of everything).

Edited by Richard

• Paid Members

Just had an email from Sheffield Arena inviting me to buy tickets on Thursday as a previous WWE ticket buyer there (which must be over a decade ago!).

They also confirm it's in the smaller-capacity Steel Hall rather than the full arena.

If I go to any it would probably be either Blackpool or Newcastle, or London if that turns out to be the usual Wednesday night Takeover special.