NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Ā 

Yeah Liger needed his proper music. Was the woman with Rollins that lass he was caught sending dick pics to?

Yes.

Ā 

Am very tempted to go to the Sheffield show depending on ticket prices.

Ā 

Out of interest how big is the Empress Ballroom in Blackpool?

Ā 

Usually when the darts is on in there i would say 1,000 - 2,000 capacity . Top venue though

Ā 

Yeah Liger needed his proper music. Was the woman with Rollins that lass he was caught sending dick pics to?

Yes.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Usually when the darts is on in there i would say 1,000 - 2,000 capacity . Top venue though

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

Yes.

Ā 

Ā 

It's quite big. Should hold at least 2000 with the ring and a small entrance in.

• Paid Members

Will definitely be getting tickets to NXT in Newcastle. Canā€™t wait.

Ā 

I thought the opener could have been more. Tylerā€™s able to put on great, clean matches; he was in the ring with one of the best in the world; but it just never seemed to hit the higher gears. And a clean finish from a Liger Bomb without any back-and-forth was just a bit flat. It was by no means a bad match, but I just think I had too high expectations after the weeks of anticipation. I was also thinking during a match that Tyler needs a flashier finish than his Beauty Shot spinning heel kick.

Ā 

The tag match was great. Disappointed the Vaudevillainsā€™ neutraliser for Alexa was the bearded strong woman, but Blue Pants was a nice surprise after having not been seen for a while and she seemed genuinely made up at the reception.

Ā 

Speaking of being made up at crowd receptions, Apollo Crews. He looked pleased as punch to be there, and his, ā€œWow, thatā€™s a big crowd!ā€ line as he stopped on the ramp just makes him seem like the most humble guy in the world. I never really got to see him live when he was a regular in the UK, but really looking forward to watching him in NXT.

Ā 

I was actually very impressed with Baron Corbin. After weeks months of him stinking up Full Sail in squashes (bar a forgettable ā€œfeudā€ with Bull Dempsey), I thought he actually held his own against Samoa Joe. The match went a nice length and was well put together. I also loved the, ā€œSamoa Joe has a 8ā…“ chance of winningā€ sign in the crowd. My girlfriend didnā€™t understand why I was giggling so much so I had to pause and show her the Scott Steiner promo after the match.

Ā 

Womenā€™s match, I canā€™t really say anything thatā€™s not been said before. Fantastic showing, and a bit of a Curtain Call moment with Becky and Charlotte joining Bailey in the ring, then Sasha hugging the hugger.

Ā 

Main event was good too, although Finn seemed to be a magnet to the ladders. After every spot he seemed to either land on top or underneath a ladder. I dread to think how many mirrors heā€™s smashed in his lifetime, too! Owens is also such a great, natural heel. The pretend shoulder pop was just magnificent. Also, the back drop he took on to a ladder on its side really made me wince. Absolutely bonkers.

Jushin Liger's Ā music was shit. A recurring theme with NXT debuts.

Ā 

Nah he had some alright music surely?! Don't know what you guys expect for a one-off, totally looked and sounded like a NJPW PPV on his entrance