NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Hopefully all the main roster stars are intent on bettering the NXT show tonight.

I wanna be positive and that but they don't stand a chance do they? How do you follow an event like that?

I hope they bring a couple of teams in for it, could definitely see London & Kendrick taking part.

I don't think Paul London takes calls from HHH, he named him as a prime reason why he probably won't be back for anything in the company in multiple shoots. I would be stupidly over-excited to see that though

Dudleyz though? Could see that happening

Edited by sj5522

Good luck topping that Summerslam...

Only thing that kindof annoyed was some idiot giving Regal the "What?" treatment. Proper dickhead that one but oh well. The crowd were proper infectious throughout the entire thing. Both main events were incredible. 

Jesus Christ Bayley and Banks just killed it. These girls really are something special. You just wish they grasped that kinda storytelling on the main roster. All the video packages were class too? Are they made by the students at Full Sail or are the WWE produced?

Corbin also proved he could hang and finally showed some charisma. He was very good in the video and I'm starting to like the character a lot. Joe was great and maybe for the first time to me it felt like he was the big star he could be. 

I really enjoyed the commentary too, I seem to be the only one, but I thought Graves did a really good job. He put over Bayley at the end, but him sticking for Sasha "doing nothing wrong" when she was trashing Bayleys hand on the steps was great storytelling. The other two are a bit dull but they did a decent job of making me care.

All the guys and gals did well. The only other downer I could think of was, well, Cass, Carmella and Enzo should have been on there at least in a live skit. Damn shame.

It probably sounds stupid but I didn't want a fat, old Undertaker before and seeing all this new blood just makes me want all this nostalgia nonsense less. It is time for the future to become now.

Yeah, follow that main roster...

Edited by Cobra1000

Good luck topping that Summerslam...

Only thing that kindof annoyed was some idiot giving Regal the "What?" treatment. Proper dickhead that one but oh well. The crowd were proper infectious throughout the entire thing. Both main events were incredible. 

Yeah what the fuck was that about? Crowd nearly veered off a few times but it stayed special.

Summerslam, I'd love to be proven wrong but it feels like if they ran a SmackDown PPV the night after ECW One Night Stand 2005. Whatever you dish up, can't compare to what I just saw. I'm even watching again which i can't recall ever doing for an event so soon after first seeing it

I wonder what Vince made of  that show, if he watched it.

Edited by sj5522

All the guys and gals did well. The only other downer I could think of was, well, Cass, Carmella and Enzo should have been on there at least in a live skit. Damn shame.

Carmella wrestled a match taped for NXT TV prior to the preshow starting. A friend of mine is a friend of hers and she sorted him comp tickets. I believe Enzo and Cass wrestled earlier in the night too. So it's a shame they missed out on the live show, but did get to wrestle in front of the crowd. In Carmella's case, she had he Mum and Dad in the crowd.

Many surreal sights and moments last night but I think this would have to be near the top of the pile

kanna-ric-flair-sgt-slaughter-nxt.png?w=

A bit random for Kana to be there if she hasn't signed - a great wrestler but interesting to see how her strong-style approach goes down with the other Divas. Hopefully they tone her down just enough so she doesn't hurt anybody but dont have her lose the intensity.

I'd love to see her v Eva Marie for some reason.

I'm expecting Enzo & Cass on Raw tomorrow, gotta be the only explanation for them not being on the main card. they should get a super reaction. I think the NXT presence/influence in crowds starts getting even more prevalent now. Huge event for them.

Has it been revealed whether any of these UK tapings will be for TV or PPV or whether they'll just be houses? I'll probably go Wembley regardless, but if they're taping I'll sell my limbs to get there.

Edited by sj5522

I'll put this in spoilers just to be safe but it's only a rumour

Just saw some people wearing "Balor Club" shirts, reminds me of a rumour I read the other day Balor was hinting they were gonna have that in for real possibly involving Tommaso Ciampa and someone else, although I also heard that Ciampa was one of the guys NXT turned down recently and he's on GFW's roster list and just worked a TNA taping so could be bullshit. Not sure what I think of the idea if it happened tbh with the obvious Bullet Club comparison but could be something in line for a possible future heel turn.

Was that a simple misspelling of Kana's name or is it to be her WWE name? Haven't being following the Joshi scene recently or NXT at all. I know she's essentially run out of decent competition in Japan, partially due to retirements. She's a smart cookie & NXT could be a fit, as long as she stops kicking people's faces off. Personally, I hope she doesn't...stop kicking people's faces off.