NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

They're always using new songs for themes and video packages etc. Its not like they've chosen Last Resort by Papa Roach or something. A lot of these bands are popular. Seems odd to say they don't have their fingers on the pulse. Are they meant to use Adele or something? 

• Paid Members

Are they popular though, is that kind of music really that popular these days? In the early 2000s, sure. You couldn't move for those kind of bands. But go and check out the Billboard charts these days and see the top acts- different story to that of 2001.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Are they popular though, is that kind of music really that popular these days? In the early 2000s, sure. You couldn't move for those kind of bands. But go and check out the Billboard charts these days and see the top acts- different story to that of 2001.

Did you know that Nu-Metal record sales were up 400% for the year ending 2001? If these trends continue...

23 hours ago, Supremo said:

I don't know how to embed YouTube videos, but here's Pete Dunne on the BBC from years ago. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=YRxhq5YBqkc.

Watching him then, you'd never think he'd make it.

At 7.46 is that Bate or Mandrews or someone else next to his brother?

EDIT: Also what is up with the ring in that video, can anyone else see the extra turn buckle loop at the top? what on earth do they need a fourth set of ropes for at that height, boxing ropes aren't that high, was it built for a Khali vs Gonzales match years ago or something?

Edited by simonworden
Additional content

4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Its not like they've chosen Last Resort by Papa Roach or something. A lot of these bands are popular. 

I can't remember which one, but a recent PPV had Papa Roach as one of its 'themes'. I was astounded they were still about 

UK tour next week, I'm going to Leeds, but the roster has been pretty reduced since the shows were advertised. No Dillinger, no Nakamura (despite them saying he definitely was coming) and now no DIY.

This card has been posted for the Aberdeen show, guess most of them will be similar, although no sign of Neville who is apparently on this tour and T-Bone featured prominently on one of the promotional videos, so might sub in for Wolfgang in England.

18812674_1929343260670714_61322520248776

I was hoping they might split the UK guys up a bit and have them go against the regulars. Would be pretty neat to see Pete Dunne against Bobby Roode for example.

2 hours ago, simonworden said:

At 7.46 is that Bate or Mandrews or someone else next to his brother?

EDIT: Also what is up with the ring in that video, can anyone else see the extra turn buckle loop at the top? what on earth do they need a fourth set of ropes for at that height, boxing ropes aren't that high, was it built for a Khali vs Gonzales match years ago or something?

So the ring can be set at different heights at different venues.

And they took Neville out of the ads last week or the week before, so guessing he's not on the tour anymore.

Edited by The Dart

Weird that they'd have Wolfgang teaming with Pete Dunne when up until now he's been presented as a babyface. I wonder if they'll have him and Dunne have an altercation afterwards, especially with it being in Scotland.

Is Ember Moon back now then?

23 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Quite like the look of that card. McIntyre vs Roode will be good, Jose and Gallagher should be loads of fun, and you get to see Peyton in person. I'd buy a ticket if I were in Aberdeen.

Yes, certainly not complaining about that...! Fortunately my good lady will be too busy swooning over Mr Galloway/McIntyre to be able to chastise me as well.

56 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Is Ember Moon back now then?

They had a brief section on the last NXT show showing her getting a medical release.

3 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

UK tour next week, I'm going to Leeds, but the roster has been pretty reduced since the shows were advertised. No Dillinger, no Nakamura (despite them saying he definitely was coming) and now no DIY.

This card has been posted for the Aberdeen show, guess most of them will be similar, although no sign of Neville who is apparently on this tour and T-Bone featured prominently on one of the promotional videos, so might sub in for Wolfgang in England.

18812674_1929343260670714_61322520248776

I was hoping they might split the UK guys up a bit and have them go against the regulars. Would be pretty neat to see Pete Dunne against Bobby Roode for example.

Aside from that one tweet in March, has there been anything else to say he was coming? He never featured in anything on TV and I don't recall him being used on a poster. And don't forget 'Card Subject to Change', the promoter's Get Out a of Jail card

41 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Aside from that one tweet in March, has there been anything else to say he was coming? He never featured in anything on TV and I don't recall him being used on a poster. And don't forget 'Card Subject to Change', the promoter's Get Out a of Jail card

No, but it was widely reported in March after the tweet, including by some of the venues and given he is not injured it is a shame they couldn't get him to the show.

I think they could have got a lot of interest from British indy fans in the tour had they advertised Nakamura versus a different British talent on each show of the tour - Dunne, Andrews, Seven, Bates, etc.

Meltzer mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Nakamura was no longer on the tour. Would've been great to see him, but as we all know, things change all the time. 

No idea how other venues are selling, but it was crazy how many seats were available for Leeds when I looked a couple of weeks back. Ended up treating myself to a front row ticket seeing as I'm coming to the last few weeks of a two year contract at work, but it seemed mental that front rows were even available when tickets have been on sale for a good few months.

Bit gutted Heavy Machinery aren't coming over, would've enjoyed seeing them and they'd definitely be preferable to Sabatelli and Moss. The lack of Gargano or Ciampa is a bit of a downer as well. Sure it'll still be a fun show though.

14 hours ago, The Dart said:

So the ring can be set at different heights at different venues.

And they took Neville out of the ads last week or the week before, so guessing he's not on the tour anymore.

That makes sense, never thought about that. Thanks been bothering me for the last day