Podcast Recommendations

Joey Joe Joe Jr

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else listened to the new Bruce Springsteen and Barack Obama podcast on Spotify yet?

The two of them discuss race and their experiences of racism. I've really enjoyed the two episodes so far and they've really made me think. Bruce put it brilliantly during episode two (and I'm massively paraphrasing here) when he says something along the lines of "white people are never made aware of their race". It really resonated with me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

If you're into creepy shit, The Battersea Poltergeist on BBC Sounds is fantastic. It's a mix of current day investigation and dramatic reconstructions of a case in the 50's, with a cast including Toby Jones as the paranormal investigator. The presenter/creator Danny Robins did a podcast series a few years ago called Haunted, which is equally great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I've just put up the latest episode of my podcast, You Are Haunted, in which I'm sent some very genuine EVP.

I migrated the show to Anchor. Nobody ever listened through Podbean as they always tried to make you download the app first, and I was about one more episode from using up my free airtime and having to pay for hosting. A pox on whoever recommended them in the first place.

Also, You Are Haunted is finally on Spotify and Google Podcasts. Hopefully on Apple soon too, but they rejected me the first time for having episode numbers in my titles? Love to have a gatekeeper ruling over the entire industry.

A double post and a shill. Spank me daddy, I been bad!

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

I used to use podbean, until it decided to start unpairing all my Bluetooth devices at the end of every episode I listened to. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I will fucking DIE with Podbean. 

This. I just checked and I have about 3500 hours listened whilst having a Spotify account. Podbean used to be great, but its a clunky piece of shit these days. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

Fuck Spotify for podcasts. I pay a subscription so I don't have to listen to adverts but Spotify still include them in podcasts because "it's how listeners are used to hearing them".

Plus them buying podcast companies and making the shows Spotify-only.

Edited by wordsfromlee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Here’s a recommendation to my fellow podcasters. Get a plug on National radio. I called up LBC yesterday and got on the air, before Philip ruined the rest of the schedule, and one cheap plug later and boom. In 9 years I think it’s the first time we’ve cracked the top 5. 

0F5B204B-CE93-40AE-A0CB-688296F451FA.jpeg