Podcast Recommendations

Joey Joe Joe Jr

• 4 weeks later...

Been on a bit of a murder investigation binge recently. I also checked out some of the Audible Original podcasts.

Chameleon: Hollywood Con Queen - a quite interesting investigation into a scam involving a person passing themselves off as a big shot Hollywood movie producer, "hiring" up-and-coming personal trainers/hair stylist/etc. and getting them to fly to Indonesia to scope out stuff for a non-existant movie that they're making.

Where Is George Gibney? - BBC investigation into the where abouts of a former Olympic swimming coach who did a runner after he was charged with child sex abuse, but never ended up standing trial. An obviously heavy subject matter that is handled very sensitively while also weaving a well told story.

Murderabilia - stories about, and chats with, people who buy/sell/collect memorabilia from murderers and serial killers. As you can expect, there are some people with very low moral standards. My favourite is one guy who justifies what he does as morally alright because he "doesn't deal in memorabilia from people who have killed kids. Apart from Arthur Shawcross who killed two kids before going on to murder a bunch of prostitutes. He feels really bad about murdering those children, so that makes it OK".

Radicalized - A 17-year old former Neo-Nazi turn Islamic extremist killed two of his flat mates. This tells of how radicalistion happens over the internet and else where through the story of this young lad. It's probably not the best example to use as he is obviously very mentally unwell and very impressionable as once he got sent to jail, he became a born-again Christian. Still very interesting though.

Body of Proof - A woman disappears on her way to work. Her colleague is convicted of her murder and given life in prison despite there being no body, no murder weapon, no forensic evidence whatsoever linking him to her disappearance. Did he actually do it? (Yeah, probably)

Donor 9623 - "When scores of aspiring parents turned to the fertility industry to start families, they chose a remarkable young man to be the biological father of their children. He was a music prodigy and gifted athlete who had a genius IQ, movie star looks, and perfect health. Except it was all a lie." - it's crazy how the sperm donation industry is completely unregulated in the states.

Evil Has A Name - It's another one about The Golden State Killer/East Area Rapist/The Original Night Stalker/The Visalia Ransacker, so if you've already listened to The Man In The Window or read/watched I'll Be Gone In The Dark, there won't be much new information for you but there are some really good interviews with detectives who worked on the case and victims and their family members.

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to all of Finding Drago this week, a Reply-All style investigative podcast about an almost mystical book written about Ivan Drago’s after story. It’s fantastic and has such a satisfying resolution by the end of it 

Spoiler

The fact that David was such a lovely bloke and was completely in control of the whole thing and not some crazy weirdo.

Im sure it’s cropped up on here before but for anyone who hasn’t caught it by this point I highly recommend it

The two Aussies fronting it were great and I’ve already started their new pod, Finding Desperado. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 8:32 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I listened to all of Finding Drago this week, a Reply-All style investigative podcast about an almost mystical book written about Ivan Drago’s after story. It’s fantastic and has such a satisfying resolution by the end of it 

Reveal hidden contents

The fact that David was such a lovely bloke and was completely in control of the whole thing and not some crazy weirdo.

Im sure it’s cropped up on here before but for anyone who hasn’t caught it by this point I highly recommend it

The two Aussies fronting it were great and I’ve already started their new pod, Finding Desperado. 

I listened to Finding Drago last week and loved it. I've just got up to date with Finding Desperado and really enjoying that too, but for some reason I seem to be bracing myself for a massive let down when the truth is inevitably revealed. I hope not.

Just now, wordsfromlee said:

I listened to Finding Drago last week and loved it. I've just got up to date with Finding Desperado and really enjoying that too, but for some reason I seem to be bracing myself for a massive let down when the truth is inevitably revealed. I hope not.

The production feels much slicker this time around. Whilst it will be hard to top the finale to Drago I have to believe they have something equally as barmy on their hands this time around. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Cum Town is the world's greatest podcast.  Even the ad reads are spectacular.

They did one for manscaped on the latest episode, as well as the one for a bookie above, which will probably cost them the sponsorship. Here they are doing Shakespeare's Midsummer's Tight Jeans, and the Confessions of St Augustine. A-Grade improv.

Edited by PowerButchi

7 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Paul McCartney is on the newest episode of The Adam Buxton Podcast where he take about his love for Home Under The Hammer, American Pickers, Storage Wars and Would I Lie To You. 

Lovely little conversation and well worth your time. 

He handles his bigger podcast guests really well does Adam. Even Robbie Williams, who he’d spent earlier parts of his career ridiculing had a pretty decent rapport with him. Also, it’s Christmas so we get the continuation of of Joe’s Tom Cruise story soon!

Richard Herring had Alistair Green on this week and it was pretty dull. He’s really missing the live audience I think.

37 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

He handles his bigger podcast guests really well does Adam. Even Robbie Williams, who he’d spent earlier parts of his career ridiculing had a pretty decent rapport with him. Also, it’s Christmas so we get the continuation of of Joe’s Tom Cruise story soon!

The Tom Cruise story lost all its appeal after he told it in numerous other interviews. 

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

The Tom Cruise story lost all its appeal after he told it in numerous other interviews. 

Shhh, that’s out of my cannon!

They are my favourite posho’s Adam and Joe, I wish they’d do more together. The podcast after Adam’s mum had passed away this year was quite sweet and lovely until Joe let out a massive fart. 

• Paid Members

I'm just having a listen to the first episode of the Brian Butterfield Pod-pod-podcast. It's pretty funny if you like Brian Butterfield