Podcast Recommendations

Joey Joe Joe Jr

I’ve hoovered up a ton of the Reply All backlog off the back of that ear worm podcast. It’s one of the best single episodes of a podcast I’ve ever heard and all their podcasts are extremely well produced. Clearly got a bit more dough behind them than the average UK podcast. Some of the payoffs are great and Alex and PJ have such good chemistry, not just with each other but with more or less anyone they speak to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I mentioned in the lockdown thread that I had been asked by Sam Delaney's podcast company about making a podcast. Well I have and the first 4 episodes are available including guests like ICW's Billy Kirkwood, Mark Dolan and next week, Lenny Beige/Steve Furst. It is about Disney and how it has impacted their life, but I have tried to make it accessible. Anyway, if any of you are interested, here is the link to it, or can search in your podcast app of choice of course. And a clip from Billy’s episode

https://podfollow.com/dis-is-your-life 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

I never imagined 

17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I mentioned in the lockdown thread that I had been asked by Sam Delaney's podcast company about making a podcast. Well I have and the first 4 episodes are available including guests like ICW's Billy Kirkwood, Mark Dolan and next week, Lenny Beige/Steve Furst. It is about Disney and how it has impacted their life, but I have tried to make it accessible. Anyway, if any of you are interested, here is the link to it, or can search in your podcast app of choice of course. And a clip from Billy’s episode

https://podfollow.com/dis-is-your-life 

I never imagined you’d sound just like Jamie Demetrou. How come the trailer has you listed as Nic Branch but the other episodes have you listed as Nic Roberts?

7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I never imagined 

I never imagined you’d sound just like Jamie Demetrou. How come the trailer has you listed as Nic Branch but the other episodes have you listed as Nic Roberts?

The mayor of gentleman town    Disneyland.

@Hannibal Scorch That doesn't sound like anything up my street, but best of luck with it.              

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I never imagined 

I never been told that, but rewatching Stath Lets Flats will be awkward. Nic Roberts is the name I asked them to use for publicity, Branch is on the signed contract.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm sorry @Hannibal Scorch I'm going to have to take this back. 

Yeah, my episode coming out with him as the guest couldn’t come at a worst time. Amazingly he was an absolute gent and had none of this right wing nonsense he’s making a name for himself for on display. Guess it’s a Talk Radio requirement now days. That said, he’s watched Star Wars episode IV hundreds of times but none of the others because he didn’t want to ruin his enjoyment with any of the others which did seem like an odd stance. 

• Paid Members
Just now, waters44 said:

Never heard of him so looked at his Wikipedia 

EFFED81A-91F2-4813-9AB6-26C20C203B43.jpeg
I’m out

Yeah I knew him from Balls of Steel, comparing London comedy nights and knew he was cover for TalkRADIO, though think he’s perminant now. Had no idea about the Hopkins thing until I wrote his intro whilst editing it. I’d have asked him what the fuck he was thinking 

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That said, he’s watched Star Wars episode IV hundreds of times but none of the others because he didn’t want to ruin his enjoyment with any of the others which did seem like an odd stance. 

That's annoyed me far more than the mask thing. What a cunt!

I better get this back on track. Only podcast I can recommend that I've been listening to recently is Talking Sopranos, as I've been rewatching the series.

I love Michael Imperioli so very much.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Only podcast I can recommend that I've been listening to recently is Talking Sopranos, as I've been rewatching the series.

I love Michael Imperioli so very much.

Gave up after the first two episodes as Steven doesn’t shut up. Does he learn how to let Michael speak and tell interesting stories as it goes on?

28 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Gave up after the first two episodes as Steven doesn’t shut up. Does he learn how to let Michael speak and tell interesting stories as it goes on?

He gets better, but I do agree. Imperioli is the real draw, and I was trying to think of who else could've co-hosted with him. Robert Iler maybe? John Ventimiglia? (Artie)

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He gets better, but I do agree. Imperioli is the real draw, and I was trying to think of who else could've co-hosted with him. Robert Iler maybe? John Ventimiglia? (Artie)

Rob Iler has been doing a podcast with the actress who played Meadow. I don’t know who else could’ve done it with Imperioli, Steven is probably the right choice. Just needs reigning in. I see they’ve started getting guest stars. I will definitely tune in for a Ralphie cameo.