Podcast Recommendations

Joey Joe Joe Jr

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm frustrated by the default Podcast app on my iPhone.  Can anyone recommend me a better one?

Specifically, I'm listening to WrestleMe (Roddy!  Roddy!) and just want to be able to listen to the next (oldest) one in sequence which is near impossible on the Apple app without a lot of clicking around.

They’re on Castbox, which should play them in sequence if you set it to it. Set it so that symbol with the 3 lines (under comments, on the right) puts the episodes in that order, and hopefully that should sort it

Y3TWiKu.jpg

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

I'm frustrated by the default Podcast app on my iPhone.  Can anyone recommend me a better one?

Specifically, I'm listening to WrestleMe (Roddy!  Roddy!) and just want to be able to listen to the next (oldest) one in sequence which is near impossible on the Apple app without a lot of clicking around.

Click next to the dots, go to settings and you can choose which order to play them in.

i started with episode 1 back at the end of January and now almost up to date. It’s a wonderful podcast 

BCDF48ED-330E-465E-B294-7549896AD377.png

One of my really good mates has a podcast, I’ll be doing an episode with him at some point if we ever get round to it. It’s called Life In The Stocks, he’s had a bunch of pretty good guests on there from all sorts. Anyone here listen to it? 

I'm not sure if anyone here listens to Reply All but it's well worth a listen. It's basically about tech and the internet and quite often they'll do investigations into tech/internet-based mysteries and things like that. The most recent episode is a brilliant example. A ridiculously interesting episode that's also a hell of a story!

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/o2h8bx/158-the-case-of-the-missing-hit

"A man in California is haunted by the memory of a pop song from his youth. He can remember the lyrics and the melody. But the song itself has vanished, completely scrubbed from the internet."

There's also another brilliantly interesting episode called "The Snapchat Thief" where the hosts try to find out not only who hacked a listeners Snapchat account, by how and why. If you're already paranoid about your cyber security then it's probably not the one for you. It really shows how easy it is for hackers to find out and use so much info about you.

• Awards Moderator
On 3/14/2020 at 8:15 PM, wordsfromlee said:

I'm not sure if anyone here listens to Reply All but it's well worth a listen. It's basically about tech and the internet and quite often they'll do investigations into tech/internet-based mysteries and things like that. The most recent episode is a brilliant example. A ridiculously interesting episode that's also a hell of a story!

I listened to this one today. What a great story! Thanks for the recommendation.

• Moderators

Because it's illegal for bearded white men not to have one, I just launched my first podcast, You Are Haunted.

"...writer & Fortean curator, Stuart Millard, shares listener-submitted and definitely true ghost stories and paranormal experiences."

Here's the first episode, if you're looking for a 20-minute distraction from apocalypse anxiety.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nu9ru-d6c099

• Awards Moderator
On 3/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, Astro Hollywood said:

Because it's illegal for bearded white men not to have one, I just launched my first podcast, You Are Haunted.

"...writer & Fortean curator, Stuart Millard, shares listener-submitted and definitely true ghost stories and paranormal experiences."

Here's the first episode, if you're looking for a 20-minute distraction from apocalypse anxiety.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nu9ru-d6c099

"big perineums run in our family"

Only Millard could write that line. Go download it now. Just 20 minutes of your time.