Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

IIRC, Vince got pissed off when Eddie Guerrero turned up with that buzz cut during the Los Guerreros period for that very reason - he was less pissed off that he'd done it without authorisation, more that they'd missed the chance to do a hair vs hair with Eddie's iconic mullet on the line.

Ron Bass is dead. I remember him most for feuding with Brutus Beefcake. Didn't Bass take him out and he missed his match against Honky Tonk at Summerslam where Warrior returned or am I getting things confused?

• Paid Members

Ron Bass is dead. I remember him most for feuding with Brutus Beefcake. Didn't Bass take him out and he missed his match against Honky Tonk at Summerslam where Warrior returned or am I getting things confused?

Yeah, I think that's right. An angle to cover the boating accident, right? Remember the SummerSlam video having the big X across the screen to "censor" the angle.

To be fair I'd say wrestlers should mention it to management when they want to change their appearance. Their likeness is used on so much merchandise and promotional material that would become out of date quickly.

It isn't difficult to mention to an agent "reckon I want my hair cut soon"

• Paid Members

To be fair I'd say wrestlers should mention it to management when they want to change their appearance. Their likeness is used on so much merchandise and promotional material that would become out of date quickly.

Pretty sure that's the deal. Supposed to get pre-approval for drastic haircuts, tattoos etc. I believe.

Agreed. If he's done it without telling anyone then any heat from a company that's ostensibly in charge of his image would be entirely his own doing.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think that's right. An angle to cover the boating accident, right? Remember the SummerSlam video having the big X across the screen to "censor" the angle.

The boating accident was 1990. The Bass attack was indeed an angle to both heat up their feud and set up the mystery challenger angle for Honky.

• Paid Members

The boating accident was 1990. The Bass attack was indeed an angle to both heat up their feud and set up the mystery challenger angle for Honky.

Oh yeah, of course, timeline way off. He main evented the following SummerSlam. But did the parasailing accident put paid to an IC Title match at SummerSlam 1990? Sure I read that once upon a time.

• Paid Members

It was, he was doing house show matches with Mr Perfect in the months running up to Summerslam (logical gfiven he's beaten Perfect at WM 6 and Perfect then won the IC title shortly after), and was replaced with Kerry Von Erich at Summerslam after he had the accident.