Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

https://youtu.be/8UhXlmuu5dQ

Apparently Indian wrestler Shanky Singh is due for a WWE tryout.

He appears to be a rather tall gentleman.

That weird camera angle makes it all look very strange. I wonder whether they contemplated filming it through a fisheye lens for maximum freakishness.

• Paid Members

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but Jan Ross has passed away after her Vespa crash the other day (per Observer). 

Know throughout the years Jim Ross has talked at great length about her being a rock when he was facing Bells Palsy and other ailments. Horrible situation. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Frankly, I think Jim Ross is, within reason, allowed to whatever the fuck he likes at the minute. His wife, who he was evidently incredibly close to as evidenced by myriad statements, has just died after an appalling,unexpected accident. Who is he disrespecting exactly? The family? Because that's him.

As Harry says, they are mostly scheduled Tweets and if not, it's almost certainly a coping mechanism. When my Grandad died years ago, my Uncle spent a bunch of the day putting his old car online, not because he's an insensitive knob, but because he literally wanted anything to take his mind of what had happened. 

There is a lot of debasement in the wrestling industry. Jim Ross Retweeting some stuff about his job when his brain will feel like it's had a piano dropped on it doesn't even make the scale. 

Edited by Gus Mears

It's disrespectful to her. It's just cause he is JR people don't want to say anything. If my next door neighbour announced his wife's death via twitter with the praying emoji, then started promoting his podcast, I'd be thinking "What the fuck?"

Yes, I know you will say "But JR is famous, and wanted to let all of his fans know".

Sorry, I just think there is a lot to be said for quiet, dignified grieving.

Edited by ShaneApollo