Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It's disrespectful to her. It's just cause he is JR people don't want to say anything. If my next door neighbour announced his wife's death via twitter with the praying emoji, then started promoting his podcast, I'd be thinking "What the fuck?"

Yes, I know you will say "But JR is famous, and wanted to let all of his fans know".

Sorry, I just think there is a lot to be said for quiet, dignified grieving.

What business of yours is it how he conducts himself? Absolutely none. He can grieve however he likes. If he chooses to push himself into the sympathies of others, why not? It's his choice. He's free to grieve how he so wishes. 

Edited by Daaaaaad!

Look, if a disliked celebrity, say any of the Kardashians, announced the death of their spouses via twitter, then tweeted and retweeted plugs for their upcoming episode of their show, people would be all over them.

But when it's someone beloved like JR (who I love by the way) people just ignore it.

Edited by ShaneApollo

• Paid Members

It's disrespectful to her. It's just cause he is JR people don't want to say anything. If my next door neighbour announced his wife's death via twitter with the praying emoji, then started promoting his podcast, I'd be thinking "What the fuck?"

Yes, I know you will say "But JR is famous, and wanted to let all of his fans know".

Sorry, I just think there is a lot to be said for quiet, dignified grieving.

Could be a standard case of Panic Normality. What an awful opinion.

• Paid Members

1. Jim Ross, you know, Jan's husband, has a better idea of what would constitute as "disrespect" in their relationship than you do. 

2. He has Retweeted two things about work, the other few are people PAYING TRIBUTE TO HIS DEAD WIFE

3. I would agree with you that I would think it's weird if a neighbour did that. I would also appreciate that their brain goes totally scrambled when something like this happens. I sure as shit know I haven't been firing on all cylinders on the rare occasions I have experienced an unexpected family death.

4. Please stop making sweeping assumptions about what everyone else is thinking and what everyone else would say if Kim Kardashian or anyone else did something similar, you really don't know. You are forming things out of thin air to support your, pretty crap, argument. 

Look, if a disliked celebrity, say any of the Kardashians, announced the death of their spouses via twitter, then tweeted and retweeted plugs for their upcoming episode of their show, people would be all over them.

But when it's someone beloved like JR (who I love by the way) people just ignore it.

I don't love JR. In fact I think he can be a miserable cunt sometimes and all too often was responsible for his own humiliation when working for WWE by simply accepting his face and plodding on. But I've not lost my wife and I have no idea how I would react, so I'm definitely not going to castigate him for mourning the way he chooses. The day my Grandpa died I went out and played five a sides that night because it was something to take my mind off it. You're only kicking back because he's doing it through social media.

Everyone in the wrestling business is trained to put business first. Jerry Lawler using his mother's death as a storyline. And his heart attack. JR was involved with an angle about his palsy in the 90s.

Wrestlers and people in the biz are a different breed.

• Paid Members

To say JR is beloved by the masses on this forum is a massive overstatement. I think the real reason you're not seeing that right now, is that people here, for the most parts, aren't complete pricks.

He can grieve how he pleases. It's no one but his own business.

Everyone in the wrestling business is trained to put business first. Jerry Lawler using his mother's death as a storyline. And his heart attack. JR was involved with an angle about his palsy in the 90s.

You'd be well served to leave this subject the fuck alone now.

you're talking shite and its starting to rile people. kindly shut the fuck up you fucking prick.

Edited by Ricc1PW

• Paid Members

So your evidence for this theory is a cherry picking of random angles from the past 20 years and two Retweets. This is a poor, poor theory. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, for the litany of reasons a number of us have put over the past few pages. Because at the moment you seem to be castigating a bloke due to what you think as opposed to what he's actually done. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'd love to sit there all day while people repeat the same condolences. It could be easier over Twitter than dealing with all that for several days. Some of them may possibly not have a contact number for him, could be anything. Fucking hell, was it controlled demolition?

Edited by WWFChilli