Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Apparently the Mauro Ranallo situation has turned out that his bi-polar was triggered and he's went home for a bit. Apparently JBL has been giving him a hard time, leading to Bas Rutten wanting to go down and give JBL a good kicking.

Wrestling will never change will it? Still pointless bullying going on by the same people.

• Paid Members

I hope it's more a case that JBL is ignorant to Ranallo's bi-polar and took 'the bantz' too far, and not that JBL is still a big bully cunt after all these years.

Ranallo is an odd one though. Can reel off obscure wrestlers and Japanese wrestling moves to pop the smarks, then gets the name of the upcoming PPV wrong or forgets Curt Hawkins name. He's always seemed like an odd fit for Smackdown too. Wouldn't be surprised if they move him to NXT or keep him solely for the CW division and promote Tom Phillips to Smackdown play-by-play.

JBL is Vince's filter, you just know Vince has no concept of mental illness. I saw JBL take a pop at Mauro on twitter (and then promptly deleted it) as apparently Mauro wasn't up front and honest about his condition and used the recent shitty weather conditions as an excuse as to why he didn't show the first week he was out. Still doesn't warrant JBL going on a pissed up tangent on twitter calling him out publicly, the guy's such a prick. 

• Paid Members

I'd love to see Bas slapping some sense into JBL.

I have no idea who that but genuinely mis-read it as Baz which I think would also be quite entertaining

Plus it would prove that he isn't a gay. 

• Awards Moderator

I have no idea who that but genuinely mis-read it as Baz which I think would also be quite entertaining

Plus it would prove that he isn't a gay. 

Cheers!

• Paid Members

Especially if it was like that self defence video he did where he was saying hello to pieces of furniture before using them as weapons.

• Paid Members

Especially if it was like that self defence video he did where he was saying hello to pieces of furniture before using them as weapons.

“Ba-danga-da-danga-da-danga!”

• Paid Members

Glenn Jacobs, the lean, mean, tax reducing big red machine is running for office. 

Kane's trying to become Mayor of Knox County Tennessee. I am hoping for fantastic adverts for this. 

The longtime star pro wrestler known as Kane is looking to move from the squared circle to city hall.

Glenn Jacobs, who portrays WWE star Kane, has filed paperwork to run for mayor of Knox County, Tenn., according to WBIR Knoxville.

Jacobs, a Republican, is a former WWE world champion.

"Knox County is a great place and we're so happy and feel so blessed to live here. I want to do my part going forward,” Jacobs reportedly said.

The election is more than a year away: May 1, 2018. But candidates must meet various paperwork deadlines before then to be eligible.

Incumbent Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett is term-limited and can’t run again. 

"I think the most important thing is I care very deeply about this community, like a lot of people do. And that’s the only reason I would consider getting into any sort of government, because I do care very deeply," Jacobs said last year, when he first spoke about his interest in running.

Pro wrestling magnate Linda McMahon, the WWE's longtime CEO and president, was won confirmation last month to be President Trump's small business administrator. If Jacobs wins his race, he would almost certainly be the only mayor in the United States who has given a pile driver to a member of Trump's administration.