Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Fuck sake wrestling fans.

I can separate morality from art (just as well or I'd be a massive misogynistic homophobe from all the grime and gangster rap I listen to) which means I can watch and enjoy the odd Benoit match, well I wouldn't in 2007 but sort of enough time has passed but what kind of absolute mental is clamouring for him to be in the HOF. What a cheery speech that would be. If they snipped every single thing Benoit did from the network I could understand a complaint but He tarnished his own legacy not the bloody company

Oddly enough I was talking to some random in a pub about "is it alright to still listen to the Lostprophets" and though like I say I can separate an artists work from their actions/personality... SURELY you can just get your shitty 00s alt rock fix from any other given band off Scuzz where the singer didn't fucking rape babies

• Paid Members

I'm sure this was mentioned a while back but someone has composed a great list of WCW contracts from 96-00, Konnan earned almost as much as Ric Flair and there's no mention of Warrior. Was Jimmy on a different kind of contract during his short run as I'm sure he was given stupid money?

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/wcw_contracts

What was the deal with Ric Flair in 99? In a year where they're pissing money up the wall that's an incredibly low figure.

He's in the Wrestling Observer one. His 2003 induction was the subject of a recall vote in 2008. Dave Meltzer set a 60% threshold for the proposal to be carried out, but he only got 53.6% in favour. It won't happen. Stupid people. I was absolutely gutted when I found out. Almost in tears in fact because I loved watching him wrestle. The amount of Benoit matches I've watched since have been very few and far between. Can't recall the last one of his I watched when I saw the 2004 Royal Rumble PPV in the run up to this year's. Reading through people's reasons is IQ lowering.

I'm sure this was mentioned a while back but someone has composed a great list of WCW contracts from 96-00, Konnan earned almost as much as Ric Flair and there's no mention of Warrior. Was Jimmy on a different kind of contract during his short run as I'm sure he was given stupid money?

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/wcw_contracts

What was the deal with Ric Flair in 99? In a year where they're pissing money up the wall that's an incredibly low figure.

On the surface, but when you factor in 2 television shows a week, house shows and PPV bonuses, Flair could have easily made $1.2 million a year on that deal.

The Sid one is infuriating

Edited by Liam O'Rourke