Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

30 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Seth Rollins is on WWE Backstage tonight. If he mentions CM Punk, it’s going to make me believe that they’re going for it with those two at Mania. Which would be really poo. 

I'd like to see that match. It makes perfect sense. 

3 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Isn't the PWI 500 partly kayfabed and also counts whether or not you're booked on top or not? I'm pretty sure most of those guys have been the top guy or major champion for whomever they've worked for this past year, so that would count for quite a lot I imagine?

It’s a fake list but it still makes no sense. What the fuck has Kenny done this year? Lost the belt to Tanahashi. Gone 50-50 with PAC and lost all his big matches. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Seth Rollins is on WWE Backstage tonight. If he mentions CM Punk, it’s going to make me believe that they’re going for it with those two at Mania. Which would be really poo. 

Every singles match they've had has been utter shite. And you'd think Punk would want to go against someone who can actually cut a decent promo. But outside a Punk (or perhaps a Cena) return they don't have shit for Wrestlemania. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

John Morrison officially confirmed for a WWE return as announced on Backstage. Meh. He'll be fine but I've never been a huge fan and most of his matches are just me waiting to get angry at how shit Starship Pain looks.

I was wondering whether we'd end up seeing Johnny Powerrr turning up to feud with James Storm after Melina turned up in the NWA, or maybe Johnny Dynamite in AEW, but will take JoMo back in WWE.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I was wondering whether we'd end up seeing Johnny Powerrr turning up to feud with James Storm after Melina turned up in the NWA, or maybe Johnny Dynamite in AEW, but will take JoMo back in WWE.

Melina and Morrison aren't together any more, and I think other than her one-and-done in Lucha Underground before being replaced by the new Mrs. Morrison, I don't think they've have had any subsequent interaction.

Let's hope he feuds with Johnny Gargano over the gimmick of being called Johnny Any Given Noun.

• Paid Members

It’s interesting that John is going to be featured on the RetroMania game. Due to them being an indy dev, they rely a lot on the wrestlers featured to promote & push the game. I’m guessing John won’t be allowed to do that once he goes to WWE. On the flip side, if he receives a worthwhile push and is featured well on programming, it means the game could benefit from him being a signed WWE talent.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It’s interesting that John is going to be featured on the RetroMania game. Due to them being an indy dev, they rely a lot on the wrestlers featured to promote & push the game. I’m guessing John won’t be allowed to do that once he goes to WWE. On the flip side, if he receives a worthwhile push and is featured well on programming, it means the game could benefit from him being a signed WWE talent.

Maybe they're looking out for somebody to work on WWE 2K21.