Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

3 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Sad thing is that somebody will pay up

When I was at Axxess this year, the Superstore had a belt counter with every single belt for sale, from WWE Universal to NXT UK, the whole lot. Some guy walked out of there with one of every belt, he must have left with around 20 belts, at $350-500 dollars a pop.

For the record, it wasn't me.

• Paid Members

Those ones there are horrible. Sell an nWo big gold belt by all means, but that hogan's trap just looks a bit tacky. Same with the Bret & Michaels belts. 

Do they do a smoking skull belt? That would be money. 

I bought one of the mini replica belts at Axxess this year.  I'm not paying $350 for one of the proper ones, but $50 for one of the mini ones seemed good and I don't really ever buy merchandise.  I have it on the wall in my study.  It's a replica of one from the 80s, so I might buy one modern one next year as well.

1 hour ago, Grecian said:

When I was at Axxess this year, the Superstore had a belt counter with every single belt for sale, from WWE Universal to NXT UK, the whole lot. Some guy walked out of there with one of every belt, he must have left with around 20 belts, at $350-500 dollars a pop.

For the record, it wasn't me.

If you go to mania and you want some memorabilia I understand buying 1 or 2 but that guy must have been able to afford it but still seems overboard. 

Those special edition ones just look a bit gash. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Do they do a smoking skull belt? That would be money. 

They did, I remember seeing it for sale around 2000 - 2003 ish anyway, so it certainly was available well after it's TV life.

1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

I remember that weird guy that ran the wrestling show in Preston had glass cases in his front room with a shit load if belts in. 

Steve Fludder, scourge of DVD pirates.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

At least it isn't a half and half scarf with the other title

Don't go giving them ideas.