Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I feel like if they've got Daniel Bryan positioned as a babyface again then there's no better person to put in the Number 30 spot this year. Perhaps even have him win and go on to face Brock on the Raw side.

Edited by Supremo

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Didn't they do that with Mysterio though? I thought it was announced beforehand Rey was going to be #30, but everyone there just got carried away with Bryanmania and forgot about it. 

I may well be wrong, but I don't think he was announced as #30. I know he was definitely announced as an entry beforehand, because I remember watching live with the confirmed entrants, realising he was the only chap left and thinking "surely fucking not...".

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

I know he was definitely announced as an entry beforehand, because I remember watching live with the confirmed entrants, realising he was the only chap left and thinking "surely fucking not...".

Ah yes, this was it.

11 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Paul Heyman did it once, in Chicago of course. 

https://youtu.be/YPj4dk89x7g

I know his appearances sans Brock are limited - and the heat he gets coming out without a theme is hugely effective - but it wouldn't have been the worst idea in the world to have Heyman keep using Cult of Personality. The song suits him more than anyone, and it'd be a great troll tactic. 

This is total internet booking, but I'd honestly dig Punk's return being Heyman coming out to it repeatedly, fucking everyone off, only to have the real McCoy eventually show up once Heyman's already in the ring or using his old Killswitch Engage theme. 

16 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

using his old Killswitch Engage theme. 

Terrible idea.

Although that does remind me of how conflicted I was about Punk switching his theme when he returned with the belt. I know it added to the confusion of the scenario etc but I don't know. Part of me just really wanted that huge pop when his familiar music hit. Obviously now he's far more associated with Cult so there's no way he should be using anything else now.

The main reason I'd like to see a Punk return is just for the pop when that music hits. Rick's Corbin idea would be class though or have them have a heel come out to "Cult Of Personality" for the real deal to appear behind them in the entrance way. Might reduce the reaction though.

We all know that realistically if it happens they'll spoil their own surprise with some "AS ANNOUNCED EARLIER ON ESPN" Twitter post or something.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Although that does remind me of how conflicted I was about Punk switching his theme when he returned with the belt. I know it added to the confusion of the scenario etc but I don't know. Part of me just really wanted that huge pop when his familiar music hit. Obviously now he's far more associated with Cult so there's no way he should be using anything else now.

Anything different is good. Remember when they were absolutely obsessed with that [pop when the music hit so everyone had some sort of noise that preceeded their music. Like booker's "Can You Dig It?" soundbyte. When you look back now, you get pops when the music hits, another pop when the guy appears, another pop when he hits the ring. You get a guy coming out 5 times on one show and getting a huge pop each time. You don't know what you've got til it's gone.

28 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

The main reason I'd like to see a Punk return is just for the pop when that music hits. Rick's Corbin idea would be class though or have them have a heel come out to "Cult Of Personality" for the real deal to appear behind them in the entrance way. Might reduce the reaction though.

We all know that realistically if it happens they'll spoil their own surprise with some "AS ANNOUNCED EARLIER ON ESPN" Twitter post or something.

The biggest miss ever was not sending Bad News Barrett out at 30 in the Daniel Bryan Rumble.

"I know you were expecting Daniel Bryan . . . but I've got some BAD NEWS" would have been amazing.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:50 PM, Nick James said:

God help whoever comes out as number 30 at the Rumble when the crowd are expecting Punk. It will be Rey Mysterio / Daniel Bryan all over again. 

They could always have Seth come out at number 30. Proper trolling. Then could have Punk come out behind him and take him out for the big pop. There is your Mania match. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I remember when coming out at number 30 in the Rumble was a big deal. Nia Jax was number 30 this year. That's a pretty clear message from WWE that we're not to put much stock in that anymore.

Yeah. Bit of a punch in the face.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

MLW has released Teddy Hart. You know how hard it is to be released from MLW? They have Konnan, La Park, ACH, Low Ki, TJP and every other trouble maker or potential nutcase under the one banner.

Has much been said about why yet Ian?

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Has much been said about why yet Ian?

He got taken off TV because of allegations he had something to do with a former girlfriend not being seen on planet earth since 2016. I imagine this vlog he's doing where he's obviously smacked off his tits every second of it was the last straw.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

He got taken off TV because of allegations he had something to do with a former girlfriend not being seen on planet earth since 2016. I imagine this vlog he's doing where he's obviously smacked off his tits every second of it was the last straw.

Yeah... that would do it.