Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Couple of good bits from Rollins on Backstage on Twitter. Interesting to hear him talk about the red lighting and red cage in his match with bray and how much he disliked it. Also saying he wouldn't want to work with becky again because it was hard to swallow the criticism for their lack of chemistry.

He also spoke about getting boos. Interestingly he mentioned how it doesn't happen on non-TV shows. Similar to what they'd always say about Cena and Reigns. But he's different in that he says he's not just going to take it and will push back.

One of the best things about wrestling has always been surprise returns. Punk's potential in ring return has definitely been diluted somewhat in my opinion by his Backstage stuff unless it's a Rumble appearance.

There's barely a guy in WWE that I'd be less interested in seeing Punk face than Rollins.

Morrison in my opinion adds absolutely nothing to WWE.

3 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

One of the best things about wrestling has always been surprise returns. Punk's potential in ring return has definitely been diluted somewhat in my opinion by his Backstage stuff unless it's a Rumble appearance.

But this could be it. Backstage might be all he wants to do, so better than nothing surely? Even if it does lead to more, it might be the necessary catalyst to get him to the next step where he's comfortable with coming back. There was clearly a lot to get over, and there still is.

14 hours ago, Yakashi said:

It’s a fake list but it still makes no sense. What the fuck has Kenny done this year? Lost the belt to Tanahashi. Gone 50-50 with PAC and lost all his big matches. 

It depends how you phrase it. You could say he’s held both the IWGP and Triple A titles in the same year, which would certainly count for something.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Nick James said:

God help whoever comes out as number 30 at the Rumble when the crowd are expecting Punk. It will be Rey Mysterio / Daniel Bryan all over again. 

Hit "Cult of personality" and send out Corbin. Nuclear heat.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

It's indicative of the rubbish wrestling fan mentality of "if it's not a surprise, it's bad" - how often has the number 30 spot ever been given to a true surprise entrant? 

Nia Jax this year, arguably Triple H in 2016, and then you're looking as far back as Cena in 2008, and nothing before that. It's rarely even a big babyface spot.

32 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It's indicative of the rubbish wrestling fan mentality of "if it's not a surprise, it's bad" - how often has the number 30 spot ever been given to a true surprise entrant? 

Nia Jax this year, arguably Triple H in 2016, and then you're looking as far back as Cena in 2008, and nothing before that. It's rarely even a big babyface spot.

Trish stratus in the womens rumble? or had she been advertised?

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

If they're sensible they'll just announce the 30 spot beforehand. Then they can lower expectations and change it if they get a chance. They'd be fucking stupid to allow that Bryan situation to happen again.

Didn't they do that with Mysterio though? I thought it was announced beforehand Rey was going to be #30, but everyone there just got carried away with Bryanmania and forgot about it.