Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

You'd think, as a result of their dodgy as fuck contracts being highlighted on national TV, they'd refrain from taking the piss until for a while wouldn't you?

TBH I find these "independent contractor" contracts to be an outrage. 

1 hour ago, KJHenley said:

Feels like John Oliver could do something with that if he wanted to.

Criticising them for paying wrestlers to sit at home and do nothing might be a bit at odds with the “working them to the bone, no healthcare” angle he took the other week.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Criticising them for paying wrestlers to sit at home and do nothing might be a bit at odds with the “working them to the bone, no healthcare” angle he took the other week.

Depends on how good their guaranteed downside is and if merch sales/royalties are halted during that time too. But then again, if you're at home then you're not shelling out for road expenses, car rental and hotels either. 

That's one thing which really fucks me off about this massive corporation; pay your wrestlers travel expenses! The amount of cold, hard cash they're raking in yet they won't foot the bill for stuff like that. Absolute bastards.

Edited by Accident Prone

6 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Depends on how good their guaranteed downside is and if merch sales/royalties are halted during that time too. But then again, if you're at home then you're not shelling out for road expenses, car rental and hotels either. 

I doubt Harper would be making much more than his downside anyway - he’s dark match/lower card fodder, doesn’t really have any merch. Lio Rush has apparently said in an interview recently that he’s not even covering expenses based on what he’s paid. Financially, Harper’s probably a fair bit better off at home. He wants to wrestle though, which is on him, healthwise. From the Observer, Vince just thinks he’s shite because he couldn’t do the southern accent like he wanted him to in the Wyatt Family, didn’t want him booked in anything, then went “hang on, why isn’t Harper in the battle royal?” at WrestleMania and added him to that, then booked him in a dark match on the Brooklyn Smackdown and thought he was shite there as well. As a result, didn’t think he was worth assigning to a brand, and that’s when Big Luke asked for his release.

It begs the question of why Vince doesn’t want to let him go, if he thinks he’s that bad.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

It begs the question of why Vince doesn’t want to let him go, if he thinks he’s that bad.

I was about to reply with, "The same reasons that they won't let The Revival or Sasha go either (and Neville, back in the day); Protecting the WWE brand, not letting them work for any competition or, worse, slight senility and bitterness in his old age".

But then I remembered that he just let popular upper-carder Ambrose go, complete with heartfelt goodbyes and the door wide open for a return, so the answer I have is....I have no bloody clue why.

Edited by Accident Prone

45 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

This has always been what shows it is nothing more than pettiness and control to me.
If WWE has no interest in using the wrestler then why not let them go? Alternatively, if they are apparently that valuable to the company that you don't want to let them go why would you just pay them to sit at home or not use them to their fullest potential?

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I was about to reply with, "The same reasons that they won't let The Revival or Sasha go either (and Neville, back in the day); Protecting the WWE brand, not letting them work for any competition or, worse, slight senility and bitterness in his old age".

But then I remembered that he just let popular upper-carder Ambrose go, complete with heartfelt goodbyes and the door wide open for a return, so the answer I have is....I have no bloody clue why.

I wouldn’t say he let Ambrose go, Ambrose just wouldn’t sign a new contract. If there was anything legally Vince could do to keep him from not leaving, he would have done it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Vince gave him the big deal treatment on his way out to keep him sweet on a potential re-sign somewhere down the road THEN he gets the last laugh by burying him, making him unhappy and not letting him leave. 

(All presuming this still isn’t a big swerve, OBV)

17 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

I wouldn’t say he let Ambrose go, Ambrose just wouldn’t sign a new contract. If there was anything legally Vince could do to keep him from not leaving, he would have done it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Vince gave him the big deal treatment on his way out to keep him sweet on a potential re-sign somewhere down the road THEN he gets the last laugh by burying him, making him unhappy and not letting him leave. 

(All presuming this still isn’t a big swerve, OBV)

Could he have added however many months (9 months?) Ambrose was out for last year to his contract?

• Paid Members

This is primarily newsworthy to me because a) Psicosis appears to be in his gear in the photo & b) the 3rd man in the car was Robin Lekime, who used to be a regular for WAW & last I heard still lived here in Norwich.

(The 2nd man was the promoter, who was the guy Psicosis saved)

Mostly, though, Psicosis is in his gear.