Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

10 hours ago, Carbomb said:

WWE in "Bunch of Utter Cunts" shocker. Guy got injured working for them, it's an occupational hazard.

Surely something like that is actionable, though? Would it hold up in law if challenged, especially given when, in the past, they've released people while injured?

Sadly, this kind of thing will continue happening as long as wrestlers are happy to sign these contracts. Much like MMA fighters who sign for the UFC, these dudes are the biggest marks of all in many ways. They're willing to look past the shit conditions and the ridiculous release clauses in order to "make it to the big time" and accomplish a dream that many of them have had since childhood.

A bunch of guys just had WWE try-outs including Ivelisse from Lucha Underground, she was with the company before on Tough Enough 5 and the early days of NXT with a seemingly big push before being sacked. She said it was due to making a complaint about Hugh Morrus.

Thought she was great in LU, hope she gets another shot.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

She said it was due to making a complaint about Hugh Morrus.

Yeah that's it, she was one of the first to make a complaint about him and then she was gone. They would've kept doing that forever if the complaints didn't start to get so much attention. Bunch of shady bastards.

• Paid Members

I remember she was one of the Gut Check contestants on TNA as well. Pretty, lots of fire, although something about her didn't quite "click" at the time.

• Paid Members

Dana White has announced that Brock Lesnar told him he has retired from MMA, so all plans involving Brock having a UFC fight are off the table.

As predictable as this was, it’s just as predictable that we will go through this every year Brock’s WWE contract comes due until the end of time.

• Paid Members

That's like in EWR when only one of the Steiners' contract is up for me to sign in my early 90s WWF scenario. And it's usually Rick.

Edited by PunkStep