Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

7 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Why have they been making such a big deal about Ambrose leaving? 

They didn’t want him to leave, maybe if he left on good terms he won’t go to AEW then again this could be him possibly retiring.

2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Apparently Mighty John Quinn, a regular on World of Sport, has passed away. 

Arguably the best ever villain to visit these shores. 

Quinn did many tours of the UK and drew big crowds and big heat. Also held Joint Promotions up for a big pay day before jobbing out to Big Daddy and then took their "World Heavyweight belt" over to the opposition.

RIP Mighty John 😢

1 hour ago, kidzero said:

Looks like freesports are playing last week's mlw episode tonight must be by mistake or the didn't get the footage in time 

They sort of showed bits of last week's with different matches, the main event was LA Park Vs Sami Callihan I don't think that was the main event last week but I could be wrong.

• Paid Members

I'll be honest, Jim Johnston just became less of a genius in my eyes. Jive Soul Bro is the one I hold up as evidence how good he is as a musician, now its a pure rip!

Great song, though. Cant believe how they just tore the arse out of that song, though. Nothing is original. Shameless!

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Man, I'm gutted. I love Jive Soul Bro and thought it was the best WWE-produced 'song'. But yeah as Woy says, Slick's vocals are better. MILES better. And I love him eating his 'yard bird' in the blaxploitation intro before the video.

• Paid Members

Captain Chameleon was an alias of David Wolff, manager/lover of Cyndi Lauper, so it’s very likely the WWF cover versions of Grab Them Cakes & Jive Ol Fo/Jive Soul Bro were ‘authorised’, Rock ‘n’ Wrestling connection & all that.

I discovered that nugget after someone linked to Jive Ol Fo in the YouTube thread a while back.

• Paid Members

If anyone has it what does the Wrestling Album or whichever one it came from say. Surely they have to be accurate with their credits.

Edit:

Thinking about it around this time there were others that got involved in some Capacity or another. Demolition and Rick Deringer springs to mind. Although I think Johnston gets listed on the credit, which is curious.

Edited by Sir Colin from Cardiff

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Sir Colin from Cardiff said:

If anyone has it what does the Wrestling Album or whichever one it came from say. Surely they have to be accurate with their credits.

Yep, the WWF would never have produced something with factual inaccuracies.