Richie Freebird

Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Vs Undisputed Era maybe? There isn't many exciting options on the table outside the Wyatts, unless they go with singles guys. I'd love to see Kyle O' Reilly and Dean Ambrose try and out stooge each other.

Edit: Sounds like Ronda is officially gone to make babies. Massive loss. Imagine having Ronda Rousey swan in and out of your company without giving anyone a rub. A proper one. Unbelievable.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

7 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Vs Undisputed Era maybe? There isn't many exciting options on the table outside the Wyatts, unless they go with singles guys. I'd love to see Kyle O' Reilly and Dean Ambrose try and out stooge each other.

Edit: Sounds like Ronda is officially gone to make babies. Massive loss. Imagine having Ronda Rousey swan in and out of your company without giving anyone a rub. A proper one. Unbelievable.

Of course she gave someone the rub. As usual it either wasn't who people wanted or how they wanted it but they did it. 

As much as this is the kind of glib WWE soundbite I normally hate - most of the division got a rub through association. They wouldn't have had the women main event Wrestlemania without Rousey, they wouldn't have done an all-female PPV without Rousey, and most of her matches involved her opponent being built up as a credible threat in a manner they don't tend to bother with when it comes to women's matches. 

10 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Imagine having Ronda Rousey swan in and out of your company without giving anyone a rub. A proper one. Unbelievable.

Comical.

Hold ma plums, so Big Dave Meltzer got one right then?

Sad to see Rousey go because it's made to think how good she could be with another 5 years on the road.

It might not have been the clean submission win most expected, but you're mad if you don't think Becky got the rub from Ronda.

Just being in the match with Rousey was "the rub".  Charlotte vs. Becky would not have gone on last.  Neither would Becky vs Asuka, Charlotte vs. Asuka, Bayley vs. Banks or any other non Rousey match and you're mad if you think otherwise.

13 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Of course she gave someone the rub. As usual it either wasn't who people wanted or how they wanted it but they did it. 

11 hours ago, BomberPat said:

As much as this is the kind of glib WWE soundbite I normally hate - most of the division got a rub through association. They wouldn't have had the women main event Wrestlemania without Rousey, they wouldn't have done an all-female PPV without Rousey, and most of her matches involved her opponent being built up as a credible threat in a manner they don't tend to bother with when it comes to women's matches. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

It might not have been the clean submission win most expected, but you're mad if you don't think Becky got the rub from Ronda.

39 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Just being in the match with Rousey was "the rub".  Charlotte vs. Becky would not have gone on last.  Neither would Becky vs Asuka, Charlotte vs. Asuka, Bayley vs. Banks or any other non Rousey match and you're mad if you think otherwise.

Fair points lads. The not giving the rub remark was off obviously. That's what happens when you're seven pints down and bored on the bus. 

I maintain it was a shit finish though. It didn't fit the build for me at all. Ronda was never tapping but it's about time Becky got herself a new impact finisher.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Ah shit.

Good luck to the guy, sounds like he's gonna continue elsewhere. Absolutely gutted though. I'm gonna blame Bray Wyatt. Poor Luke just heard that he's getting the Punch and Judy gimmick. Fuck that, see you later. This guy had so much untapped potential. 

Remember when for about ten minutes it looked like Harper might be in the WWE Title match at WrestleMania?

When he had that IC level singles pushes I loved him. Big agile hoss with tons of charisma. 

It’s such a shame there’s no #2 promotion anymore because it’s so much effort to catch up on leavers with dozens of indy promotions.

19 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Remember when for about ten minutes it looked like Harper might be in the WWE Title match at WrestleMania?

He absolutely should've been as well. His entry into that match made perfect sense with the conflict of the family being split up, and he would've been more than capable of carrying the workload between Bray and Orton. 

Fair play to him for asking for his release. He's clearly far more talented than what his current role within the company would suggest. Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere, which I'm sure he will.

Edited by AdamTH17