Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere but it seems WWE & Impact are on decent terms at the minute going from this Scott D'Amore tweet. 

https://twitter.com/ScottDAmore/status/984537382073618432

Can’t remember where, but saw WWE had licensed TNA footage for a new Jeff Hardy DVD and thinking it’s now only a matter of time before they buy the entire library.

Edited by Your Fight Site

1 minute ago, Your Fight Site said:

Can’t remember where, but saw WWE had licensed TNA footage for a new Jeff Hardy DVD and thinking it’s now only a matter of time before they buy the entire library.

Yeah that's pretty much what the tweet is about quoting WWE Home Video saying '' We can exclusively reveal that WWE has worked with Impact Wrestling on Twist of Fate: Best of the Hardy Boyz. For the first time ever, a WWE DVD release will feature footage from Impact, as part of a candid look at the "Broken Universe"! Out on DVD 30th April! ''

Good news for when ever they get around to doing an styles DVD

• Paid Members

Be interesting to see whether it's footage from the shows or just the broken stuff recorded in high quality on Matt's land. Still can't really see WWE putting out DVDs with their talent wrestling in front of 200 people in the Impact zone or where ever.

Nordholm is interviewed by Callis on killing the town, and they both seem very aware of their place in wrestling and making impact as good as they can, while admitting they are an indie who can’t pay full time so won’t claim exclusivity over talent. Certainly building good bridges won’t hurt them 

• Paid Members

That’s the one. The tournament itself (winner becomes #1 contender to the UK title) is on night 1 along with the six man tag, and Dunne defends the title against the tournament winner the following night. Some other NXT title matches are being booked for the second night now too. 

Tried to find the old UKCT thread to discuss this but wouldn’t come up In the search. The night one 6 man makes sense, keeps Tyler and Trent out the tournament and will be a very good atmosphere with clear heels and faces. 

Night two having three NXT titles defended, comes across to me that they don’t have much faith in the UK guys to draw the crowd, and if crowd is drawn the credit goes to the “imports”. As a Massive fan of uk scene I just find that a big slight on the Home talent. Given how good the initial 16 man was last January in crowd and action, I don’t see why they would change the format unless it’s the losing faith in who they have. Hope I’m wrong 

54 minutes ago, Louch said:

Tried to find the old UKCT thread to discuss this but wouldn’t come up In the search. The night one 6 man makes sense, keeps Tyler and Trent out the tournament and will be a very good atmosphere with clear heels and faces. 

Night two having three NXT titles defended, comes across to me that they don’t have much faith in the UK guys to draw the crowd, and if crowd is drawn the credit goes to the “imports”. As a Massive fan of uk scene I just find that a big slight on the Home talent. Given how good the initial 16 man was last January in crowd and action, I don’t see why they would change the format unless it’s the losing faith in who they have. Hope I’m wrong 

I think it's more to do with the fact that a lot of the nxt roster are over here for the the download festival and European tour so they are just putting them to use whilst they are here.