Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

10 hours ago, David said:

I don't think so, it's likely just a case that they hope that fans come for 'Mania and hang around for a bit when the trial is over.

To be fair they probably bank on quite a number forgetting to cancel. The amount of free trials I've had for things and forgotten to cancel before I was charged is ridiculous.

So I was looking at tickets for the WWE UK Championship show coming up at the Royal Albert Hall and the cheapest I could find was £78

Do they not realise we can see these wrestlers for £20 on other shows over here? 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Unfortunately yes.

Its the kiddies I’ll feel sorry for though, expecting to see Roman Reigns, John Cena and Seth Rollins, then out pops Wolfgang to a huge pop

Shit parents if the kids expect not what they're going to.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I would have thought parents would see WWE and expect the superstars and buy the tickets on that fact. 

I agree. Being a wrestling fan, I(and everyone on here) would know exactly what to expect from this show. My kid's mates parents however, would have no clue when it comes to the wrestlers involved and would simply tell their kids they have got them tickets to see WWE.

59 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

So I was looking at tickets for the WWE UK Championship show coming up at the Royal Albert Hall and the cheapest I could find was £78

Do they not realise we can see these wrestlers for £20 on other shows over here? 

There’s £56 tickets on there.  Still a bit mad if that’s the cheapest.  I know it’s an expensive venue, but Blackpool was £16 !

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

The tickets are to see a WWE production featuring the talent, not just the talent themselves.

The “other shows” could only dream of spending WWE’s production budget, and are also not based in a foreign country.

• Paid Members

My dad didnt exactly watch wrestling with me either. He still only bought tickets when he saw Bret was on it because he knew it was the right one. Guess I was privileged that he gave enough of a shit from the sounds of things.

I don't think you can blame WWE at all here. The branding and marketing for the show will clearly show the WWE UK roster I would imagine. It's not like they're putting Reigns on the poster and then using the 'card subject to change line.

This has reminded me of a woman i spoke to at a TNA show in Manchester. Her kids had conned her in to buying tickets by promising Randy Orton would be there as she had a bit of a thing for him!

• Paid Members

I'd never really thought about in terms of WWE's UK brand, but I can see it happening - I've talked on here before about how to most non-fans, and parents, there's not really any distinction between wrestling promotions, there's just "The Wrestling". The promotion I work for was being chased for years by customers with complaints of undelivered DVDs from an entirely separate company, that just happened to have run in the same area - more than a year before we'd ever even run a show.

Throw in that this actually has the WWE name and logo on it, and it's far from unreasonable to think that a well-meaning parent would buy tickets for their kids thinking it's The Wrestling Off The Telly. It's like your Gran knowing you like those video game things, and buying you a Game Gear game when you have a Game Boy.

It's going to come down to how it's marketed by WWE, though - the UK brand seems to be far more focused at the "indie" crowd, and barely gets a look-in on regular WWE TV, so is unlikely to be on the radar of kids and parents. But if Dad sees a piece in the local paper saying, "WWE WRESTLING COMES TO TOWN", he can't really be blamed for the mistake.