Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Not really Wrestling but Walk Like a Pather comes out tomorrow. I read a review and it seems as we all suspected that it is shit. Shame as I quite like Stephen Graham but unless this was on Netflix (or if someone paid for my ticket) I would not watch this.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/mar/06/walk-like-a-panther-review-brit-wrestling-comedy-that-forgets-to-be-funny

On 06/03/2018 at 12:49 PM, PunkStep said:

Good fucking lord. What's the point.

To give the show a focus after 'mania? To give more guys something to do on the show? Because cruiser tag matches are good places for spotty workrate fests, which the people hanging around will probably be into?

205 has had some excellent matches the last few weeks and people are slowly taking notice. If it sticks around, which is looking more likely I can see this being a smart move.

I think they're making the most of pushing the reset button for 205 Live which they've been doing with this tournament. I guess if they've got enough Crusierweights to have a Tag Title for them, I say why not give it a shot? Give more of them something to do. 

Could all mean nothing, but Neville’s wife has been posting photos on Instagram over the last 3 days saying “we are visiting this place one last time” and “we will miss this when we’re gone” at places in Tampa.

That could just mean they are moving to another town, but in the comments to one of those photos she told Mika Rotunda (Bray & Bo’s sister) that they will have their guest room ready for her next time she is across the pond.

Made me wonder if Neville is moving back to England and therefore not going back to WWE.

On 02/03/2018 at 3:18 PM, Jimmy Boy said:

Can’t wait for this video to come out on reigns and wwe superstars relating to steroid use! Was supposed to be early this week 

He’s now claiming John Cena is involved too, people are starting to call Bullshit on it though as he still hasn’t released anything. 

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He’s now claiming John Cena is involved too, people are starting to call Bullshit on it though as he still hasn’t released anything. 

Surely he’s not gunna tease it unless he has the evidence to back it up?!

• Paid Members

I wonder what would happen to the Mania card if it’s all true and there’s evidence that Cena and Reigns are juiced to the gills. Would they suspend them like they did when those Signature Pharmacy names came out? 

I might be remembering this wrong since I think it was a few years ago, but wasn't somebody's suspension delayed until after WrestleMania or after their title run or something like that? I'm sure I remember a case of the punishment being postponed because it was especially inconvenient timing.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I might be remembering this wrong since I think it was a few years ago, but wasn't somebody's suspension delayed until after WrestleMania or after their title run or something like that? I'm sure I remember a case of the punishment being postponed because it was especially inconvenient timing.

That was Reigns, wasn't it? They had him drop the belt to Rollins (and Ambrose cashed in)- isn't that right?

I'm pretty sure they did something similar with Orton at some point, too.

23 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

I heard it said before, possibly in Power Slam, that Scott Steiner mightn't necessarily take steroids because of good genetics.

Is there ANY remote possibility likewise that Cena might just have good genetics when it comes to building muscle?

Yep. Genetics. That’s the one.

Certainly, the travel, diet and rest periods would allow for someone to continue looking like Scott Steiner well into his dotage.

To the gills, the lot of them.

Except Ryback. He just ate a lot.

Good genetics can only get you so far! Look at how cena has changed over the years, the guy is a lot bigger than he used to be! He’s been on it for years 

The thing is, a WWE guys schedule practically demands drug abuse. Whether that’s aderol to stay awake; downers to get to sleep or a fuck load of the latest Mexican gorilla piss to help your body recover from 5 nights a week wrestling plus workouts plus travel.

It’s not even a real sport, it’s frankly obscene we expect them to be anything other than geared off their tits.