Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

14 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I think they had Austin beat Big Show by pin on the Raw the next day after Show's debut. Insane.

It was on the go-home RAW before Wrestlemania 15, so 4/5 weeks or so after his debut, but it was only Show's second one on one match in WWE. He faced The Rock in his first match (RAW #300) for the WWE Title but it ended in a no contest with Mankind as Guest Referee 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

19 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

This was doing the rounds yesterday, I thought I must have just missed it on here. Fair play to him, the big daft sod. Whilst his ability naturally deteriorated and the sound of the “weeeeelllll its the big show” usually resulted in rolled eyes over this last (dare I say it) decade, he was an awesome sight and when utilised properly, was a proper attraction. 

Until Braun they’ve been without someone to take over the giant mega hoss role. 

Also, fair fucking play to the man in thinking “right, gonna sort my body out” at this point in his life. Jesus, if only he’d have had that drive a decade ago, or 2, come to think about it.

Ill be very interested in hearing a @Liam O'Rourke and the boys take on his career, maybe even a ‘trial’... but avoid playing his intro music at the start, every fucker might tune off.

Oh man, what's the charge? Interesting to contemplate....

2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I think they had Austin beat Big Show by pin on the Raw the next day after Show's debut. Insane.

It really is insane when you think about it.  No matter how out of shape he was compared to his prime in WCW he was still a monster. 

He could have had money matches with Rock and Austin and HHH and Undertaker etc but instead he was jobbed out in matches with no build on Raw and turned so many times it was literally impossible to keep count. WWE really fucked up with him in those early days. 

Posted this in the MMA forum, as it may have something to do with his potential UFC return, but Brock turned up at a WWE event last night looking...well...

Wasn’t just one picture either...

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrockLesnarGuy/status/970129040626606081/photo/1

Apparently it was a 30” squash job on Kane with the fans revolting at the end.

I like that they’re trying something for Roman, by playing up Brock as the disinterested, dispassionate mercenary but, seriously... it’s just going to be boo’s all round isn’t it?

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Oh man, what's the charge? Interesting to contemplate....

Hmmmm, fair question. I think there should be enough fodder over a 23 year career. He was basically gifted said career due to genetics rather than ability (I appreciate these tend to go hand in hand)... However, Is booking to blame for all of the negatives associated with him? How much was down to him being incredibly out of shape for the majority of his WWE run? 

My main gripe is that he has decided to transform his body now, he looks the best he has since 95, on his way out. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

He could have had money matches with Rock and Austin and HHH and Undertaker etc but instead he was jobbed out in matches with no build on Raw and turned so many times it was literally impossible to keep count. WWE really fucked up with him in those early days. 

It's absolutely incredible to juxtapose his number of turns compared to anyone else in the same timeframe. Between Mania 15 and shortly after Mania 16 he turned five fucking times. From corporate monster (boo!) to corporate deserter (yay!) to Undertaker's mate (boo!) to babyface WWF Champion (umm, yay?) to Shane's mate (the fuck?) to Shane's enemy (zzz). 5 bastard turns in less than 14 months. Every other wrestler that was either in the main event or being prepped for the main event turned a maximum of once in that same period, and said turn was usually vital to that character's arc. Show was fucked.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Posted this in the MMA forum, as it may have something to do with his potential UFC return, but Brock turned up at a WWE event last night looking...well...

Wasn’t just one picture either...

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrockLesnarGuy/status/970129040626606081/photo/1

Apparently it was a 30” squash job on Kane with the fans revolting at the end.

I like that they’re trying something for Roman, by playing up Brock as the disinterested, dispassionate mercenary but, seriously... it’s just going to be boo’s all round isn’t it?

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but what are you referring to about him in the photo? It looks like a normal picture.