Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

This was doing the rounds yesterday, I thought I must have just missed it on here. Fair play to him, the big daft sod. Whilst his ability naturally deteriorated and the sound of the “weeeeelllll its the big show” usually resulted in rolled eyes over this last (dare I say it) decade, he was an awesome sight and when utilised properly, was a proper attraction. 

Until Braun they’ve been without someone to take over the giant mega hoss role. 

Also, fair fucking play to the man in thinking “right, gonna sort my body out” at this point in his life. Jesus, if only he’d have had that drive a decade ago, or 2, come to think about it.

Ill be very interested in hearing a @Liam O'Rourke and the boys take on his career, maybe even a ‘trial’... but avoid playing his intro music at the start, every fucker might tune off.

• Paid Members

It's a shame, he has been massively overexposed over the last decade which takes away some of his natural aura but there's still some worth in him popping up every few years as a special attraction.

Hopefully Kane will follow his lead and fuck right off forever.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bicurious Dad said:

He gave Cass a decent rub last year as well, sadly all for nowt after the injury.

In fairness, Cass being injured during all the shit with Enzo kicking off might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Disassociation by proximity might have helped him steer clear of all that.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

WWE are apparently set to run a 100,000 seat stadium in Australia this year.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-reportedly-coming-australia-100000-seat-ppv-252736

If this is true, would the PPV be something like No Mercy (a standard WWE PPV with American start time), or more of a Network special event?  In either case I can't see them drawing anywhere close to 100,000.  Didn't WM32 only just crawl across the line to being a legitimate 97,000 sell out, and that was for the biggest wrestling show of the year, with fans coming from across the world?  Surely if they wanted a big Australia show, then running the roofed and smaller Etihad Stadium like they did in 2002 (when WWE was much bigger, and the novelty of seeing WWE live in Australia was much bigger) with at least make more sense.

Edited by bbabba

• Paid Members

(In response to giving him another last run)...

See, I don’t.

I don’t think he can add anything other than a one off attraction now. He’s physically too far past it to have a ‘run’. You can’t bring him back too soon or people won’t care. If you bring him back too late he’ll barely be able to walk. 

He’s too over empowering to be a manager. I doubt he has what it takes to be a commentator. 

Pull him in for rumbles and that’s about it for me. 

We have another BIG lad on the scene who is ace, he should get the giant treatment. You don’t need two, especially one who isn’t physically able.

He could be a really good hand at NXT in regards to the development of Big Uns’. Teaching them how to be a giant, how to proctect your size advantage, that kind of thing. The guy has managed to work on the major tv shows for almost 23 years, purely for being big regardless of ability.

Just read that one of his trainers was Glen fuck Ruth (along with Larry Sharpe and Jim Duggan)... But Glen Ruth for god sake. 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Big shows hardly been the best at protecting his size , he coujd hve been much more of he wasn’t bumping for everyone and everything 

re the Australia 100k , just cause it can hold 100k doesn’t mean it will be set up for that. Probably getting an off season sweet deal to do a show there 

12 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

He could be a really good hand at NXT in regards to the development of Big Uns’. Teaching them how to be a giant, how to proctect your size advantage, that kind of thing. The guy has managed to work on the major tv shows for almost 23 years, purely for being big regardless of ability.

Who is this about? Big Show? He's fucking ace, but he's hardly been a master of protecting his size advantage - although to be fair, the booking never allowed him to be. He came in just before WrestleMania in 1999 with everyone expecting him to be main eventing the following year against Austin... But he lost to Austin within a few weeks, I think, and that was that. Protecting a giant was never going to work in the attitude era.

Over the years, whenever they'd try to give him the renewed unstoppable giant push, it never seemed too believable because we'd seen him beaten so much in the past. So they'd get bored of trying that again, and go back to him being fodder for the top guys. Then they'd repeat the same thing, every time to a bit less effect.

To be fair, with Strowman they've shown they are (mostly) up for keeping a giant strong now.