Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

5 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

Do you think Jim Johnston will ever get into the Hall of Fame?

He'd have qualified for what became the "Warrior Award" if WWE hadn't retconned Warrior's on-record proposal, which was for recognition of behind-the-scenes staff who make the show what it is.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

He'd have qualified for what became the "Warrior Award" if WWE hadn't retconned Warrior's on-record proposal, which was for recognition of behind-the-scenes staff who make the show what it is.

In fairness though, Jim has performed on camera for a DX intro at a PPV, for a JJ intro at a PPV, and was featured in a couple of other specials/docs.

So he’s not strictly backstage compared to other staff.

The Warrior award is not the correct award though. Maybe like a VIP award or some shite. It can cover the likes of him and minor celebrities who won’t draw a fart, but can go in at the same time of a big name.

Michael Taylor Thomas... it’s bound to happen and you know it.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Yeah that’s what I think. Trips can induct them, lemmys son will possibly come out with the other band members, chatcabout tge fun they had, that it’s a shame Lemmy isn’t there etc. 

Could work with when Taker headlines?

In other news, I’ve been reading a bit of backlash on social media about them going with a Moolah battle royal based her her shady past, and many saying it’s time to stop pretending she wasn’t a slink.

I’ll be honest, it didn’t cross my mind when announced, but now it’s been pointed out, it’s a fair point, why they are happy to pretend she wasn’t a piece of shit? From the stories that do the rounds she was an absolute twat. So the question is why are they celebrating her, especially during the woman’s evolution?

WWE have a very strange connection with Moolah. I gather she was one of Vince Sr's favourites back in the day and Jr. Had a directive that he had to look after her. You'd think that with the stories coming out of what she was really meant to have been, that they would just distance themselves from her, however they have embraced her more than ever. It's terrible, but it's also not the first time they have flown in the face of bad public opinion, and painted somebody in the light that WWE sees them.

For instance see Warrior and everything he said in the the past in public, and this Warrior award. As well as that you have Jimmy Snuka. Every man and his dog believes he is a coke snorting, crazed wildman who beat his girlfriend to death and got off with it because of Vince McMahon, yet WWE put out a glowing tribute to him on Raw following his death. 

Yet they change Apollo Crews name due to a the murderer in a recent mass shooting, having the name 'Cruz' and being afraid of the poasibility of public confusion and bad publicity. 

Trying to figure out how, and why WWE decide to do/not to do certain things due to the way they may look in the press, and then why they completely fly in the face of it with others, could seriously hurt your brain if you thing about it too long. 

• Paid Members

I agree fully, but it’s even more baffling when they use such a figure who is unfortunately associated with being absolutely horrific towards young women/pimping/financial and racial abuse etc, as the face of an award linked to the apparent evolution of women.

• Paid Members

Baffling it indeed is. It's as if WWE have been writing their own version of history for that long, without being called out on it in a major way, that they don't forsee any problems coming from it. That they have no problem with ignoring the things that Moolah is said to have done, is quite sad.

• Paid Members

It’s weird. I mean we all know this is what they do, they hide stuff, cover stuff up, we reluctantly accept it if they say sorry, keep watching etc.

But this is almost a rib. She might not sound as horrific as some of the terrors that get called out. But I’d argue she really is as bad from what I’ve read, if indeed it’s all true, which it seems to be. The likes of Luna and other ex-female wrestlers have pretty much confirmed stories and treatment to her students, so there’s no real getting away from it.

I don’t know what they’re thinking. I rarely do.

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I agree fully, but it’s even more baffling when they use such a figure who is unfortunately associated with being absolutely horrific towards young women/pimping/financial and racial abuse etc, as the face of an award linked to the apparent evolution of women.

Exactly she's the complete anti-thesis to womens empowerment. http://www.free-times.com/archives/baby-of-sweet-georgia-brown/article_e82fe915-fb49-5d12-8848-42750f5dc785.html

That's just one known example,apparently there's a ton of disgusting stuff she was either directly or indirectly involved in. 

Edited by Really Big Shoe

If they're going to be so brazen and tasteless about it, then maybe it's time that someone (with a greater starting point of knowledge than me) compiles a set of links to these damning interviews, etc, and sends them to various mainstream journalists, summarising what a topical story it would be.

Seems to be the only way the company will learn, and it's going to keep flying under the media's radar until they're actively clued in.

2 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Yet they change Apollo Crews name due to a the murderer in a recent mass shooting, having the name 'Cruz' and being afraid of the poasibility of public confusion and bad publicity. 

I was not aware of that. I just figured it was Vince doing away with surnames like he's one to do at times.

Moolah set the North American womens scene back at least 20 years.
Mildred Burke was the true pioneer of womens wrestling in North America but obviously she did not have a personal relationship with the McMahon family and means nothing to the WWE audience so she will never be acknowledged by them in any way.

It does seem remarkably hypocritical that WWE went on record to say they could not in good conscience induct Chyna into the HoF because os what would appear if you googled her name, yet they seem quite content/oblivious to what happens if  you Google Fabulous Moolah's name.
Mind you, hypocrisy and pro wrestling is hardly anything new.

Interesting to see if WWE does anything about it - I guess the only way they might is if they get bad press,

• Paid Members

They've definitely unintentionally spread awareness about it so it was a doubly stupid move, I know loads about wrestling and I didn't know the extent of how bad it was til this happened and I looked it up. It was on quite a lot of mainstream sites and now they either have to ignore all that and run with it with a fake smile on their face terrified of what the wrestlemania crowd will do or embarrassingly drop the name having basically buried Moolah by mistake.

• Paid Members

Not just that, but they are heavily linked to female based awareness charities, I mean in this mixed tag tournament alone, each team is fighting to win so 100k can go to said charity.

Those charities include the ones you’d expect like Connors Cure, Girl and Boys club, Make-a-wish, Susan Komen, and a few others such as:

Girl Up, a United Nations Foundation initiative, inspires and connects girls globally through its leadership program that positions girls to be changemakers in their communities.

SURELY, if people informed them, tweeted etc, they’d have to pay attention and in turn, WWE would have to seriously reconsider?