Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

3 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Jeff may be a liability but he can be a star when, outside of Cena, they have none. Maybe they’d pretend it didn’t happen or find some loop hole. The randy orton rule maybe. 

Oh ofcourse. Leverage is key. I’d hate to give a newz site opinion but it could legitimately go either way 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, FailedPromoter said:

Would've thought Lemmy would surely be in the celeb wing before this twat...

Celebrity wing is about getting a celebrity to show up, so it gets headlines. Glorified clickbait. The only reason Lemmy would go in is if they could get a big name to induct him - the man himself not being around to accept it means we'll likely never see it happen.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Celebrity wing is about getting a celebrity to show up, so it gets headlines. Glorified clickbait. The only reason Lemmy would go in is if they could get a big name to induct him - the man himself not being around to accept it means we'll likely never see it happen.

I dunno - whilst on the one hand it would definitely make perfect business sense to only have Lemmy inducted by another big name, I get the impression that HHH is enough of a fan, and had a good enough relationship with him, to want to induct him himself. Or, at the very least, he would if he thought Lemmy being inducted would never happen otherwise. Lemmy and Motorhead are, by this point, pretty much inextricable from the HHH package now. That voice is the first thing you hear when Trips shows up.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

True - there's no way Lemmy gets inducted without Triple H's fingerprints all over it, but if that were to happen, I think we'd maybe get two inductees into the celebrity wing in the same year to ensure that there's a celeb there. Or else you have a celebrity to induct one of the wrestlers.

Similarly, if they continue to try and push the Hall of Fame as being for all of wrestling rather than just WWE, I'd like to see Andy Kaufman in the Hall of Fame, but without someone famous to either present or accept the award, I can't see them being motivated to induct him, unless they induct him as a wrestler rather than a celebrity. And if they're not going to do it this year and get Jim Carrey in, they're not going to do it at all.

16 hours ago, FailedPromoter said:

Would've thought Lemmy would surely be in the celeb wing before this twat...

This asshole gets in before Lemmy & Cyndi Lauper. Shocking. I'm even fine with Trump being in, but this just takes the piss.

Kid Rock may have contributed alot of PPV themes etc but they are always edited off dvds etc which I'm assuming is because either his record label or Mr Rock wanted too much money.  Unless this opens up a deal to get American Badass used on the network it is pointless. Any new fan wouldn't be able to sample any footage of his 'contributions' to WWE. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Similarly, if they continue to try and push the Hall of Fame as being for all of wrestling rather than just WWE, I'd like to see Andy Kaufman in the Hall of Fame, but without someone famous to either present or accept the award, I can't see them being motivated to induct him, unless they induct him as a wrestler rather than a celebrity. And if they're not going to do it this year and get Jim Carrey in, they're not going to do it at all.

See, all that makes perfect sense to me, but for me (and I'm sure you too), the first guy that comes to mind for inducting Kaufman into a wrestling Hall of Fame isn't Carrey. And, given how Carrey seems to be by all accounts a recluse these days, it's looking increasingly likely it won't be.

• Paid Members

Oh, absolutely - I'm just thinking in terms of using the Celebrity Wing as clickbait; Jim Carrey being involved in Kaufman's Hall of Fame induction not long after the release of the Jim & Andy documentary, if they could manage it, would be a no-brainer for me. Hell, get David Letterman if Carrey's not available. Though I doubt either would do it.

Sadly, I don't see celebrities that are no longer with us getting inducted purely because they're not there to show up and have their photo pop up on TMZ or whatever the next day to lend WWE a patina of mainstream credibility. At this rate we'll see Snooki go in before Kaufman or Muhammad Ali.

Motörhead as a whole would probably be a better shout than just Lemmy on the grounds he never did anything with WWE solo. I've mentioned before they'll probably keep it simple and just induct the final lineup (Lemmy, Phil Campbell and Mikkey Dee) as they were the ones who recorded the themes. Lemmy's son Paul will represent him since the deal they normally have is one posthumous induction per year unless the tag team/stable inductee have at least one deceased member.

I remember watching WrestleMania XXV on DVD since that occurred during my years in which I drifted off wrestling and the way Justin Roberts made his announcement about the rules of a Battle Royal in the days a women's one meant elimination meant leaving the ring in any way as opposed to over the top rope as the match started and I honestly thought he made the announcement prior to introducing Kid Rock prior to singing his medley as if they tacked it on until I later saw the performance as the entrants came out to one of his songs and I realised that's actually what he did.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Motörhead as a whole would probably be a better shout than just Lemmy on the grounds he never did anything with WWE solo. 

Yeah that’s what I think. Trips can induct them, lemmys son will possibly come out with the other band members, chatcabout tge fun they had, that it’s a shame Lemmy isn’t there etc. 

Could work with when Taker headlines?

In other news, I’ve been reading a bit of backlash on social media about them going with a Moolah battle royal based her her shady past, and many saying it’s time to stop pretending she wasn’t a slink.

I’ll be honest, it didn’t cross my mind when announced, but now it’s been pointed out, it’s a fair point, why they are happy to pretend she wasn’t a piece of shit? From the stories that do the rounds she was an absolute twat. So the question is why are they celebrating her, especially during the woman’s evolution?

Edited by Kaz Hayashi