Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

That's a bit of a shocker, given he got the Mania match and commentary work, I thought WWE had a high opinion of him. Any news or rumours on if he asked for it or anything going on behind the scenes?

(EDIT - ignore, just spotted the dedicated thread).

Edited by Grecian

• Paid Members

Soz if this has been posted in a different thread, if so I haven't spotted it.

There's a new Kurt Angle special coming on the network tonight after Raw. I've just seen an advert for it that was played during GBoF last night, and it looked like they have Dixie as a talking head.

Not something I'd have ever expected.

.... saying that, I've got horrific face blindness.

Edit - yeah I'm a Doyle, just seen it's been pretty well publicised, Nevermind.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Soz if this has been posted in a different thread, if so I haven't spotted it.

There's a new Kurt Angle special coming on the network tonight after Raw. I've just seen an advert for it that was played during GBoF last night, and it looked like they have Dixie as a talking head.

Not something I'd have ever expected.

.... saying that, I've got horrific face blindness.

She is on it.

• Paid Members

Lucha Forever (UK group that runs all over the place) is doing a fun little story at the moment where they've hired Rockstar Spud, but it's actually Spud from 2002, so he's doing a bunch of flips to try to get noticed, is excited just to be booked, is in gear that makes him look skinny, and doesn't really understand Facebook or Twitter. If you want to book him for a show or media enquiry, he suggests you MSN him.

He's also tweeting in character: https://twitter.com/RockstarSpud

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, JNLister said:

Lucha Forever (UK group that runs all over the place) is doing a fun little story at the moment where they've hired Rockstar Spud, but it's actually Spud from 2002, so he's doing a bunch of flips to try to get noticed, is excited just to be booked, is in gear that makes him look skinny, and doesn't really understand Facebook or Twitter. If you want to book him for a show or media enquiry, he suggests you MSN him.

He's also tweeting in character: https://twitter.com/RockstarSpud

The Spud 2002 all starts with this video where he gets a bump on the head...

I went to the Lucha Forever show in Southampton and it was great fun. Very old-style UK indy where they're not too bothered with storyline or taking things seriously, but the whole thing feels like a party with 100 or so people in attendance. Really enjoyed it, better after a few drinks.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Polish Dad said:

I went to the Lucha Forever show in Southampton and it was great fun. Very old-style UK indy where they're not too bothered with storyline or taking things seriously, but the whole thing feels like a party with 100 or so people in attendance. Really enjoyed it, better after a few drinks.

Just checked out the line-up after you mentioned this. How did I miss this? Venue is about 10 minutes up the road. Didn't see it advertised anywhere either.

• Paid Members

That video, that fucking video with reference to stars and memories gone by, set in dark alley ways. Fire, statues including Andre crumbling at the hands of a masked man.. then Seth Rollins... 

Nice one, seriously, what a great way to get me onside, Fucking divvies

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

You seen the new one? Kurt going through the rubble, picking up his old wrestling boot then slowly looking up to the camera whilst still holding it, looking vengeful. We all know where this is going (see Brock, Sting, Goldberg...)

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Sir Steve Redgrave said:

Just checked out the line-up after you mentioned this. How did I miss this? Venue is about 10 minutes up the road. Didn't see it advertised anywhere either.

They're back there in September and November.