Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator

You'd think that at least one British promotion would have had someone play a wrestler from [country where all the footballers dive a lot] who would do ridiculous bumps off every move and oversell like Shawn at Summerslam 2005 in order to cheat and get the advantage.

• Paid Members

Love that idea HG! Old school heel tactics like dramatically over-selling non-existent eye pokes and low-blows to try to get the babyface disqualified. Constant harassment of the referee to dispute decisions that aren't going his way.

You look at real sports and Cristiano Ronaldo is the best heel in the world, or at least outside of American sports. I love him to bits, but he must be the most hated man in football. There's loads of aspects of his character that could be easily translated to a wrestling character.

14 hours ago, Ladiesman345 said:

Aldo Montoya was initially going to be a Portuguese Soccer player, to capitalise on the World Cup being held in the USA in 1994.

I was lucky enough to meet him in the mid 90's and I mentioned this. He reckons he knew nothing about this and it was the first he had heard of it! 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, bobby dazzler said:

I was lucky enough to meet him in the mid 90's and I mentioned this. He reckons he knew nothing about this and it was the first he had heard of it! 

It would be a bit strange if he was supposed to be a Portuguese football player in 1994. Portugal didn't qualify for that World Cup.

I want to see a match between that Progressive Liberal guy Vs Sam Adonis. For the uninitiated, he lived in the UK for a few years mainly doing All Star and recently has got over as a top mid card heel in Mexico coming out with a US flag with a photo of Trump on it.

According to Tyson Kidd's Twitter, Smith Hart - eldest child of Stu & Helen Hart died today.

He had been ill for a while with cancer and went into a hospice last month.

Bret's 60th birthday today too.