Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Yeah no one was gonna wait around for 205 Live to finish to watch Talking Smack. Shame it got cancelled. Always looked forward to it. Poor Renee Young. She found out by a fan tweeting her and she said they cancelled Unfiltered too. Hope they find something good for her to do. 

• Paid Members

I'd be interested in how the viewing figures were affected by moving the show from directly following Smackdown, to directly following 205 Live. Surely that extra hour of unnecessary shit will have harmed Talking Smack's viewership considerably. I can't imagine anyone wanting more wrestling programming after two hours of Smackdown and then one hour of small nobodies having forgettable matches in front of people leaving the arena. 

Daniel Bryan was a revelation on Talking Smack as well, seemed to relax into it and have a good laugh.

If only they'd moved the cruiserweights to Raw and taped 205 Live before Raw instead of Superstars, then Talking Smack could have been shown live directly after SmackDown. Then again, that makes too much sense doesn't it?

Yeah I echo everyone's elses comments, I am gutted they have cancelled this, the wrestlers got to relax and develop their characters, it was weird and funny and had a good dynamic between Renae and Bryan, also liked it when Bryan tried to rap with the New Day and Usos.

9 hours ago, L_E_T_H_A_L said:

Daniel Bryan was a revelation on Talking Smack as well, seemed to relax into it and have a good laugh.

If only they'd moved the cruiserweights to Raw and taped 205 Live before Raw instead of Superstars, then Talking Smack could have been shown live directly after SmackDown. Then again, that makes too much sense doesn't it?

It doesn't make any sense. If they were just taping it they'd have to call it 205 Taped, and it'd make the Raw event four hours long.

• Paid Members

They should've taped 205 Live before Smackdown. Or have it on the network before SD. The crowd would probably be more into it. And if they went the taped route, they wouldn't have to call it 205 Taped. They pretend NXT is live every week

• Paid Members

Do we have any evidence that they "should just cancel it"? I've none either way but if they're cancelling Talking Smack which must cost about 5c to produce and takes no effort but persist with 205 Live which requires far more planning and production then that must say something.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Renee's well out of WWE when her contract is up. They didnt even tell her or Bryan that they were cancelling it. They found out online. She's way to good for wrestling.

Weren't ESPN sniffing around her a year or so ago? Could definitely see her making that move if WWE are messing her about.

• Paid Members

There was that rumour, yeah. She'd be a great "talk show" studio host for ESPN, she's very much in the style of presenter they're going for right now.

I think it would really come down to how much she's earning in WWE - ESPN have made massive cost cuts recently, including a real Night of the Long Knives a few months back where masses of long tenured anchors, reporters & experts were culled in a single day. Their replacements have generally been people with far less TV experience (and therefore presumably cheaper?) than Renee.

On 15/07/2017 at 7:45 AM, King Pitcos said:

It doesn't make any sense. If they were just taping it they'd have to call it 205 Taped, and it'd make the Raw event four hours long.

I meant they could record it before Raw, not tape it. Show it live, tape it, whatever - in place of Superstars which was making Raw events just shy of four hours long anyway.

Superstars the last time I was at a WWE event took about 20-30 minutes to film including the gaps between matches. 205 Live as a Live show would take the whole hour making everything a lot longer. Before Smackdown would be much better but that depends on how the arena looks when they start. Do most people show up as soon as doors open these days? 

9 hours ago, simonworden said:

Superstars the last time I was at a WWE event took about 20-30 minutes to film including the gaps between matches. 205 Live as a Live show would take the whole hour making everything a lot longer. Before Smackdown would be much better but that depends on how the arena looks when they start. Do most people show up as soon as doors open these days? 

I was at the Raw taping in Glasgow in November and people had been queuing up outside the Hydro for ages prior to the doors opening. Events I've been to in Manchester and Birmingham were the same. Not sure if they do the same in the States, but they would appear to given the number of people in the crowd at most Superstars tapings.

Guess it depends how many get there early for the merch stands seeing how they get rammed. But easy enough for them to work around with the camera angling when the arena isn't quite full and with pretaped shows, can always splice clips of the full crowd in.