Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I'm hoping Vince goes for the Frozen Nazi gimmick.Ā 

That's the first thing I thought of this morning. There's no way Vince doesn't suggest it in a year or two, once he gets a main roster call-up and Vince actually knows who he is.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If Walter isn't a fanny name, why didn't Bruce Willis stick with it? Ā I'm hoping Vince goes for the Frozen Nazi gimmick.Ā 

Walter Becker founded Steely Dan.

Clearly a mint, hard as fuck, beast of a name.

Also.....Ā Frozen WALTER (The Ice Nazi)

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Moderators

WALTER's in for a rough time. My sources tell me the boys backstage at WWE are all massive fans of Hylda Baker/Jimmy Jewell sitcom Nearest and Dearest, and in particular its elderly Walter character who's always pissing himself. Poor fucker will be trying to put his boots on, and getting "Have you been, WALTER? Has he been?" all day long.

I read on one of the newz sites that the WALTER guys deal is only for WWE UK, and he wants to remain there and doesn't want called up to Raw or Smackdown and he'll be able to still wrestle in Germany and UK WWE affiliated shows, I'm guessing he has a family and doesn't want to constantly be on the road and he can control his bookings more.

Edited by the_mole

He was on Steve Austinā€™s Podcast quite recently and Steve asked him what heā€™d do if WWE came calling. He said it wasnā€™t in his plans and he was happy with what he was doing, but obviously theyā€™ve found a number to convince him otherwise, and ifĀ it is just a deal for NXT:UKĀ and considering the recent contract changesĀ that were reported the other day, itā€™s a chustyĀ deal for him to just be working WWE, Progress and WXW and I canā€™t say I can blame him for taking it

Edited by WyattSheepMask

21 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

He was on Steve Austinā€™s Podcast quite recently and Steve asked him what heā€™d do if WWE came calling. He said it wasnā€™t in his plans and he was happy with what he was doing, but obviously theyā€™ve found a number to convince him otherwise, and ifĀ it is just a deal for NXT:UKĀ and considering the recent contract changed that were reported the other day, itā€™s a crusty deal for him to just be working WWE, Progress and WXW and I canā€™t say I can blame him for taking it

His main issue seemed to be moving to America, he seemed to be really against that so staying in NXT:UK etc makes sense.