Egg Shen

Documentary Thread #2

Audrie And Daisy

A pretty grim documentary about two underage girls who were sexually assaulted while drunk and the effect social media and small town mentality dealt with it.  It's on Netflix and worth a watch.

Horror Noire

It's on the Shudder subscription channel, which has a 7-day free trial. Really good - goes into the history of black people and horror. There's a bunch of stuff I knew, but also a bunch I didn't, and some stuff that just made me annoyed that I hadn't actively noticed (like the lack of black people in 1950s SF horror). Not exactly heavyweight or anything, but an interesting watch.

Evil Genius is really good. It does have one oversight in the whole Pizza Bomber case, but otherwise it's really thorough and interesting and justifies the length it goes into the case. Well worth watching.

Has anyone seen Free Solo?

They're showing it on National Geographic in a couple of week and the trailer looks good and I've heard great things but I'm worried it'll be basically an hour and a half long version of one of those videos of mental Ukrainian kids dangling from cranes. I don't fancy sweating out all the moisture in my body through my palms.