Egg Shen

Documentary Thread #2

but its true, theres a spoiler in every other post. 

anyways, i edited my post and i apologise.

There is discussion in every other post, not spoilers in every other post, quite the distinction.  I guess it also depends on how "Famous" the subject matter is when it comes to documentaries.  For instance, it's hardly a spoiler that Ted Bundy killed people, but parts of the documentary series mention shocking things that aren't so familiar.

For avoidance of.doubt in future - it's not ok to post spoilers that aren't in tags. If you are unsure whether what you're posting counts then err on the side of caution. Thanks.

Interesting point I read about the Fyre documentary - it is made by the same people who did the marketing for the festival itself. So they conveniently avoid placing any blame on themselves but put it all at the feet of others. So entertaining as it is I'd definitely take it with a pinch of salt and could definitely see why there would be value is someone else making a doc about it.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

fair points from you both.

Was there much much difference between what i posted though and what several people were openly posting about the Fyre documentary on the previous page? Genuine question.

24 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

For avoidance of.doubt in future - it's not ok to post spoilers that aren't in tags. If you are unsure whether what you're posting counts then err on the side of caution. Thanks.

Interesting point I read about the Fyre documentary - it is made by the same people who did the marketing for the festival itself. So they conveniently avoid placing any blame on themselves but put it all at the feet of others. So entertaining as it is I'd definitely take it with a pinch of salt and could definitely see why there would be value is someone else making a doc about it.

which one Chest as there is the Netflix one and the Hulu one. Not seen the latter, but the Netflix one I don't think pointed the blame at anyone else

13 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

theres 2 different films?

Fyre (Netflix) and Fyre Fraud (Hulu)

6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I was only aware of the Netflix one.

On the wiki page it says Jerry Media co-produced who were the social media consultants but had no financial affiliation with Fyre or the festival and probably didn't even get paid for their work.

32 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

fair points from you both.

Was there much much difference between what i posted though and what several people were openly posting about the Fyre documentary on the previous page? Genuine question.

The Fyre guy became a meme in the last few weeks so was probably more familiar than Uncle B, plus it was a fairly big story in recent times.  However I doubt anyone had heard of the Abducted story had it not been for the doc, so the whole thing was new information.

well, what i said was nowhere near as revealing as the actual trailer for the film. I only just saw the trailer and it near enough ruins the entire film, avoid it if you plan on watching.

Enjoying that Lucy Worsley series American History’s Biggest Fibs a lot. I find her a very good presenter, and one for the unconventional hotties thread, but her speech impediment is throwing me.

Obviously, not the fact that she has one, but more the fact that I can’t quite work out what it is. I think she struggles with r’s, but then she pronounces other words perfectly. It’s really distracting me, and I feel bad for it. But it’s an interesting series. I’m sure history buffs won’t learn an awful lot new, but I have.

Also watched Alt-Right: Age of Rage which focuses on mostly the Charlottesville incidents in 2017, and the political climate in the states. Was good, but be warned, there is a LOT of Richard Spencer in it.