Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• 1 month later...

I’ve read Hornswoggle’s book now and I have to say I’d recommend it. It’s an easy read, there are some good backstage stories that I’d never heard before (including about his very volatile relationship with CM Punk) and all in all his story is quite an interesting one. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The Reverend said:

I'm one of the authors of this book. It isn't the most happy of stories - but hopefully you found it inspirational. 

I found it quite sad to be honest.  The drugs really screwed her life up.  Obviously it’s her side of the story, but Austin comes out as quite a cunt in it.  Just hope she’s found peace in whatever she’s doing now.  Found the WCCW and USWA stuff very interesting.  

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Anyone read Sabu's book and, if so, is it worth picking up? 

Got it a few months ago yeah it's a good read I also got Vader's one around the same time have yet to read that and I'm thinking of getting Scott flash nortons  book I'm a fan of he's wcw work

On 12/12/2019 at 9:04 PM, The Reverend said:

I'm one of the authors of this book. It isn't the most happy of stories - but hopefully you found it inspirational. 

Completely missed this at the time.

I got chatting to her over Twitter several years back and ended up sending her a bunch of DVDs from her career (the entire Adams/Austin feud from Texas and some of her early appearances in WCW) and she kindly sent me a signed copy of her book in return.  She never said so, but I got the impression that she hadn't seen that Texas stuff for a long time, if ever.  I also agree with Thunderplex's sentiments that Austin didn't come out of the book looking good at all.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Anyone read Sabu's book and, if so, is it worth picking up? 

It's extremely daft, but good fun. It opens with a story about him being nervous at Wrestlemania, and then realising "I've been shot in the face before, I can do this!".

It's terribly written, edited even worse, but the stories are bonkers enough to carry it, and I'm always interested in how guys as deeply invested in kayfabe as The Sheik come across in these books. By the end it's just a string of personal vendettas, though.

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of us are going to be in the house for ages.

I wrote a book a few years ago called Spandex Ballet about the 9 years I wasted as a poor quality pro wrestler. I recently found a pdf of it.

If you want it sent to you (For nowt) email me on leekylecomedy@gmail.com and I’ll send you it.

It’ll fill a bit of time.

It’s pretty funny, I reread the first chapter for the first time in years and laughed at stuff even though I wrote it then felt like a dick.

It was the top selling wrestling book on Amazon UK for a bit and (Ridiculously) 8th in comedy biographies.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone read Stan Hansen: The Last Outlaw?

I'd love to get a copy but they seem hard to come by. It's almost 600 pages long, too, but it has some good reviews online. 

Also never quite got around to getting a copy of Terry Funk's book but I hope to track it down for a reasonable price sooner than later.

13 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Has anyone read Stan Hansen: The Last Outlaw?

I'd love to get a copy but they seem hard to come by. It's almost 600 pages long, too, but it has some good reviews online. 

Also never quite got around to getting a copy of Terry Funk's book but I hope to track it down for a reasonable price sooner than later.

Yeah i have it. You can't go wrong with Scott Teal over at Crowbar Press, all of their books are of the highest quality :)