Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

12 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I have just read "Under the Mat, Inside Wrestling's Greatest Family" The controversial book by Diana Hart that was pulled from bookstores across Canada after a successful lawsuit by Owen Hart's widow, Martha.

This is literally word for word the very first paragraph of the first chapter...

"I'm so dumb i didn't even know it was abuse. There i was in Florida, surrounded by crackhead wrestlers with my husband, Davey Smith aka The British Bulldog, doping my juice every night so he could rape me, while i was unconscious. I mean i still have hemorrhoid's to this day due to the sickening things he was doing to me."

Sounds uplifting... 

Her happy ending may be" then they roid basrard fuckin died. Good riddance!"

I'm kidding but genuinely wanna know is iit actually true? Was Bulldog that much of a prick? Never heard of this before. 

The stories of him bumraping her have been out there since the book first came out, possibly way before that from interviews. Nobody on here can say with any certainty, but considering he spent the 70s and 80s with Dynamite Kid and the 90s smoking crack with Jim Neidhart, Davey Boy was probably not a model citizen behind closed doors.

5 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

I'm kidding but genuinely wanna know is iit actually true? Was Bulldog that much of a prick? Never heard of this before. 

2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

The stories of him bumraping her have been out there since the book first came out, possibly way before that from interviews. Nobody on here can say with any certainty, but considering he spent the 70s and 80s with Dynamite Kid and the 90s smoking crack with Jim Neidhart, Davey Boy was probably not a model citizen behind closed doors.

Obviously you only have one side of the argument & Diana Hart has backed down from some of the allegations since the book was released.

I feel the book failed on two points really, she did not get all her wrestling facts correct & quoted conversations that she was not privy to. She also made potentially slanderous remarks towards people with money, which was never going to end well.

On the bumraping gossip. Jim Neidhart is credited with destroying Ellie Hart's rusty sheriff's badge with sustained drug rape over the course of their volatile marriage.

If you believe the book, you have to say The Bulldog was a prick. Towards the end of his life the behaviour got a lot worse, but as already been mentioned above, given the company he kept, the industry he worked in & the drugs, surely it comes as no surprise.

According to Diana "Davey-Boy demanded sex four to ten times a day"!!!!! Which sounds like one hell of a shift to me!

The ending of the book is really really sad. You have the tragic death of Owen Hart mixed up with a very bitter Bret Hart & an extremely dysfunctional family attacking each other & falling apart at the seams.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

On the bumraping gossip. Jim Neidhart is credited with destroying Ellie Hart's rusty sheriff's badge with sustained drug rape over the course of their volatile marriage.

Considering the subject that you're talking about, you're coming across as even more of a prick than usual.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Considering the subject that you're talking about, you're coming across as even more of a prick than usual.

I apologise.

Perhaps i should have been more serious in my approach. The book was crazy & i suppose i gave it a mini-revue no realising that not many people have actually read the book. 

It's a bit like that Netflix hit "Tiger King" when a lot of people were laughing at dark subjects like murder/animal cruelty/assassination plots etc. & because it was so popular people could either relate to the questionable humour or not?

Diana Hart did not really portrait herself well or Ellie Hart, which is why i probably was not quite as serious as i should have been on the subject. So again "Sorry". 

I've seen a few tweets about Shamrock's book getting quite a bit of praise lately, I'm assuming it's more focused on his MMA career though. I think I might get it when spare cash becomes a thing again

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shamrock-Worlds-Most-Dangerous-Man/dp/1734945915/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1588959666&sr=1-1

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

It's a bit like that Netflix hit "Tiger King" when a lot of people were laughing at dark subjects like murder/animal cruelty/assassination plots etc. & because it was so popular people could either relate to the questionable humour or not?

What the actual fuck are you on about? This isn't squeamishness because people haven't heard the story - it's because you've described someone drugging and anally raping their wife as 'bumraping gossip' and 'credited with destroying their rusty sheriff's badge'. It doesn't matter if the story is known or not as to whether dark humour is acceptable. Talking about rape like that makes you sound like a prick.

5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

What the actual fuck are you on about? This isn't squeamishness because people haven't heard the story - it's because you've described someone drugging and anally raping their wife as 'bumraping gossip' and 'credited with destroying their rusty sheriff's badge'. It doesn't matter if the story is known or not as to whether dark humour is acceptable. Talking about rape like that makes you sound like a prick.

& that is why i apologised. I guess you have chose to not accept my apology then?

30 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Triggered 😛

Edited by Michael_3165

Just now, Kamaras-Tash said:

I've seen a few tweets about Shamrock's book getting quite a bit of praise lately, I'm assuming it's more focused on his MMA career though. I think I might get it when spare cash becomes a thing again

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shamrock-Worlds-Most-Dangerous-Man/dp/1734945915/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1588959666&sr=1-1

Meltzer was comparing it with the Pillman and Andre book in this week;s Observer as in the best of the best when it comes to wrestling biographies.  Snowden's books in the past have always been incredibly well researched so I can't imagine how this one would be any different.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

It was only a spot of rape. He saves his real wrath for the pen-snappers of the world.

You could see where that post was going when his big criticism was 'she did not get all her wrestling facts correct'. Like, she didn't know how many the Sportatorium held so she was probably wrong about the rape too, right?