Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

13 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Yeah i have it. You can't go wrong with Scott Teal over at Crowbar Press, all of their books are of the highest quality :)

Did you order directly from their site? I might make the investment, even though with shipping to the Czech Republic I imagine it will end up a small fortune.

2 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

Did you order directly from their site? I might make the investment, even though with shipping to the Czech Republic I imagine it will end up a small fortune.

Yes. If you go on Amazon for Crowbar Press publications, they just put an insane price up to scare you off & encourage you to buy direct.

I emailed Scott directly & he was very good. It was a few years ago, but i bulk bought a tonne of stuff from him which made it worthwhile with the postage (to the UK).
He knows all about postage worldwide. If you mention the cost issue, It could be a case of ticking the box "gift" rather than "merchandise" to save a small fortune.

Some of his books really do go up in value. I bought Gary Hart's book from him, which apparently has skyrocketed in price.

4 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Yes. If you go on Amazon for Crowbar Press publications, they just put an insane price up to scare you off & encourage you to buy direct.

I emailed Scott directly & he was very good. It was a few years ago, but i bulk bought a tonne of stuff from him which made it worthwhile with the postage (to the UK).
He knows all about postage worldwide. If you mention the cost issue, It could be a case of ticking the box "gift" rather than "merchandise" to save a small fortune.

Some of his books really do go up in value. I bought Gary Hart's book from him, which apparently has skyrocketed in price.

Cheers for the heads-up, mate! I'll drop them a line and see what's what. 

I still regret not buying Funk's book from a shop in Florida in around 2006 or something. Must have been the equivalent of about six or seven quid at the time. 

7 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Do you know how much it goes for? I have it in pristine condition (and it might be my favourite wrestling book despite knowing nothing about him and little about World Class beforehand).

Just now, SaitoRyo said:

Cheers for the heads-up, mate! I'll drop them a line and see what's what. 

I still regret not buying Funk's book from a shop in Florida in around 2006 or something. Must have been the equivalent of about six or seven quid at the time. 

It's almost cheaper to fly over to America & bring them back yourself, if you are buying a lot!

I have just spoke to someone who says that if it is stated that the value is less than $5 you don't get stung by customs. Obviously that is shady. I am not suggesting Scott is shady. But i am happy to say that i consider customs charges a rip off & a good way of slowing down International Orders

15 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Do you know how much it goes for? I have it in pristine condition (and it might be my favourite wrestling book despite knowing nothing about him and little about World Class beforehand).

Like the value of anything, it is what someone is prepared to pay. I have read that you can get $300-$500 for one. The latest one to go up in value is The Rocky Johnson book, which was due to be reprinted until his passing, this has made the first release a lot more valuable. 

Edited by Lord-Mountevans
spelling

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

It's almost cheaper to fly over to America & bring them back yourself, if you are buying a lot!

I have just spoke to someone who says that if it is stated that the value is less than $5 you don't get stung by customs. Obviously that is shady. I am not suggesting Scott is shady. But i am happy to say that i consider customs charges a rip off & a good way of slowing down International Orders

If you're ordering from outside the EU, the threshold is £15 but that includes the shipping costs as well as the cost of the goods themselves. (If it's a gift, or fraudulently labelled as such and the customs people believe it, the threshold is £39.)

If you exceed the threshold, you're liable for VAT at 20% of the total costs and you'll then have to pay a fee to the delivery company for handling the paperwork. (If it's more than £135 you usually also have to pay 2.5% duty, which gets added on before the VAT.)

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

anyone able to track down a place selling David Schultz book? its unavailable on amazon and used copies are going for over 20 notes. Kindle edition would have been nice.

It is available from Amazon UK paperback for £19 :)

I have just read "Under the Mat, Inside Wrestling's Greatest Family" The controversial book by Diana Hart that was pulled from bookstores across Canada after a successful lawsuit by Owen Hart's widow, Martha.

This is literally word for word the very first paragraph of the first chapter...

"I'm so dumb i didn't even know it was abuse. There i was in Florida, surrounded by crackhead wrestlers with my husband, Davey Smith aka The British Bulldog, doping my juice every night so he could rape me, while i was unconscious. I mean i still have hemorrhoid's to this day due to the sickening things he was doing to me."

1 hour ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I have just read "Under the Mat, Inside Wrestling's Greatest Family" The controversial book by Diana Hart that was pulled from bookstores across Canada after a successful lawsuit by Owen Hart's widow, Martha.

This is literally word for word the very first paragraph of the first chapter...

"I'm so dumb i didn't even know it was abuse. There i was in Florida, surrounded by crackhead wrestlers with my husband, Davey Smith aka The British Bulldog, doping my juice every night so he could rape me, while i was unconscious. I mean i still have hemorrhoid's to this day due to the sickening things he was doing to me."

I don't know if you own this physically, but the OSW guys were recently looking for a copy to buy/borrow if you're done with it.

43 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I don't know if you own this physically, but the OSW guys were recently looking for a copy to buy/borrow if you're done with it.

Yeah i got it for £43 off ebay.

I have a huge collection of wrestling books & consider this book to be a "collectors item", so would not really be happy lending it out to someone i do not know.

There is one on Amazon for about £70 & as crazy as it sounds, i have paid upwards of this for very rare books.