The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Keith has posted a legal letter to his Instagram that he received last month. Apparently, the rest of the band started the legal proceedings to kick Keith out of the band but it's so out of context. If Keith is still doing his UK speaking tour next month, we might find out more but he might be legally tied up, who knows.

Last I read was that his tour is still happening but the ETID tour was cancelled.
https://www.loudersound.com/news/every-time-i-die-cancel-uk-shows-but-an-evening-with-keith-buckley-tour-is-go

Not sure if anything has changed in the interim

• Paid Members

Yeah, pretty much. I'm reading lyrics from the Radical album now and it's pretty clear who he sides with.

The more I think about this situation, the more sad it is. An extremely influential and popular hardcore band just lawyering up and not really having that goodbye sucks.

I read somewhere else that Andy/The Butcher’s wife is well into the Q stuff too, so I wonder if he is too. 

On the other side of things, people have been saying that since he quit the drink, left his wife and moved into a motorhome by the river, Keith became very preachy and “holier than thou” about his sobriety. So that could be another wedge driven between him and the band. But that’s just rumour floating about.  

14 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

My learned friends, what's the best metal album of the last 10 years?

Plenty more metal experts on here than me, but for me Palm Reader-Braille, Conjurer-Mire or Architects-Holy Hell.

I like a particular style of metal and those three cover it pretty well IMO

2 hours ago, King Coconut said:

My learned friends, what's the best metal album of the last 10 years?

Obsidian Kingdom - Mantiis

Converge - Bloodmoon: I

Vektor - Terminal Redux

Crypt Sermon - The Ruins of Fading Light

VLTIMAS - Something Wicked Marches In

Silvertomb - Edge of Existence 

Cult Leader - A Patient Man

KEN Mode - Loved

Zeal & Ardor - Stranger Fruit and Devil Is Fine

Pallbearer- Heartless

all excellent releases outside of the big hitters. Tool’s Fear Inoculum is good but nowhere near their best work, and I say as a massive fan of them