The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i saw the poster with a March Bristol date on it and got quite excited, then i realised it was 2023 ☹

Bloodstock is rounding out. Im gonna go for a day again, I did last year, didn't drink and had a great time, im just not 100% sure on what day to go on. Friday & Sunday have my attention.

FB_IMG_1643383283042.thumb.jpg.775db4caced7b7f34cd95e7ae1fde770.jpg

22 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

i saw the poster with a March Bristol date on it and got quite excited, then i realised it was 2023 ☹

Bloodstock is rounding out. Im gonna go for a day again, I did last year, didn't drink and had a great time, im just not 100% sure on what day to go on. Friday & Sunday have my attention.

FB_IMG_1643383283042.thumb.jpg.775db4caced7b7f34cd95e7ae1fde770.jpg

Phil Anselmo has cancelled I see. Oh, what a shame 

If I were just looking to go for the day I’d be going Saturday because who knows how more chances you’re going to get to see Mercyful Fate. Saying that, Rob Halford is 70 and can still go. I know they use some effects to cover for him at times but he can still bring it.

That Sunday is looking absolutely stacked though. The four way of Ill Niño, Soen, Belphagor and Static X on the Sophie Stage is a proper mix of styles and what festival booking should be all about

• Paid Members

I'm sure this is old news to most people, but if like me you are so out of loop on things this may be of interest...

I've just noticed an album on Spotify called "The Metallica Blacklist" which is full of covers of songs from the Black album. There's all sorts here, Royal Blood, Chase & Status, Weezer, Ghost and even Elton John! I've listened to quite a bit of it and its pretty good - though nothing comes close to Yashin covering Wherever I May Roam that was on a free Kerrang CD years ago!

Edited by waters44

14 minutes ago, waters44 said:

I'm sure this is old news to most people, but if like me you are so out of loop on things this may be of interest...

I've just noticed an album on Spotify called "The Metallica Blacklist" which is full of covers of songs from the Black album. There's all sorts here, Royal Blood, Chase & Status, Weezer, Ghost and even Elton John! I've listened to quite a bit of it and its pretty good - though nothing comes close to Yashin covering Wherever I May Roam that was on a free Kerrang CD years ago!

Yeah it came out at the same time they released the Deluxe/Remastered version of The Black Album.

I’ve listened to the bits that I’d be interested in. Some play it safe, others think outside of the box, but there’s a lot on there that’s of no interest to me personally. I’m one of the biggest Metallica fans you’ll ever meet, but even I can’t imagine ever wanting to listen to 12 different takes on Nothing Else Matters. Rather than release it as one big set they could’ve split it by grouping the genres a bit better and have a number of smaller collections.

Metallica have also just announced that Load and ReLoad are getting the Deluxe Version treatment later this year, which could be interesting 

Edited by WyattSheepMask