The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

21 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I was reminded of Rockbitch who'd shag on stage and all that earlier, did anyone here actually go see them?

Yeah, couple of my mates did, you see them in that documentary about them. Do you remember Punk Tom? He was one of them and tried so many times to catch the golden condom (whichever gig goer caught it could shag the band member of their choice). In the end they just felt sorry for him and the bassist shagged him. 

On 11/12/2021 at 12:27 PM, cobra_gordo said:

More of a random thought than anything but I'm starting to realise that Dehumaizer is my favourite Black Sabbath album. As much as I love the early stuff there's so many gems on it, Dio's vocals are amazing and Iommi's riffs are as good as anything he'd done previously but for some reason it either gets shat on for no reason or just ignored.

The answer to both of those are “Because it isn’t Ozzy-era”.

I’ve always preferred Dio-era Black Sabbath. Don’t get me wrong, those early albums laid a foundation for a lot of bands and Ozzy’s solo stuff can be very good, but Dio was by far and away the better performer

On 11/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

The answer to both of those are “Because it isn’t Ozzy-era”.

I’ve always preferred Dio-era Black Sabbath. Don’t get me wrong, those early albums laid a foundation for a lot of bands and Ozzy’s solo stuff can be very good, but Dio was by far and away the better performer

Yeah, you're probably right. I think Ozzy is fantastic, a good lyricist and incredibly charismatic but Dio is just next level vocally.

On 11/13/2021 at 2:54 PM, Merzbow said:

I was reminded of Rockbitch who'd shag on stage and all that earlier, did anyone here actually go see them?

A bloke I used to work with is the guy that caught the golden condom on the documentary about them.

Ghost have just announced some mostly England dates for next year ahead of their new album to be released next Summer. Support comes from Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats and Twin Temple-
April 9th - AO Arena, Manchester. 
April 11th - O2 Arena, London. 
April 13th - OVO Hydro, Glasgow. 
April 15th - Resorts World Arena, Birmingham 

On 11/23/2021 at 3:28 PM, Merzbow said:

Uncle Acid are so fucking bad live, easily the worst "big" band I've seen live.

This was a few years back so I hope they've improved.

I’ve never listened to them, at least no knowingly. The last time I even heard their name was when they booked on the final Black Sabbath tour a few years back.

Twin Temple had a bit of buzz a couple of years back too but I can’t say they did anything for me

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
On 11/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

Ghost have just announced some mostly England dates for next year ahead of their new album to be released next Summer. Support comes from Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats and Twin Temple-
April 9th - AO Arena, Manchester. 
April 11th - O2 Arena, London. 
April 13th - OVO Hydro, Glasgow. 
April 15th - Resorts World Arena, Birmingham 

Shit they've gone big there. If all those shows sell well they have to be close to being given a Download headline set.

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Shit they've gone big there. If all those shows sell well they have to be close to being given a Download headline set.

They played some arenas on the last tour although I’m not sure what the setup was like for them. Its certainly a statement of intent though.

As for Download, who knows. Maybe when Iron Maiden finally pack it in they’ll get a chance