The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 9/3/2021 at 7:39 PM, 5pints said:

Anyone picked up the new Maiden album? If so, thoughts?

i bought the album because i randomly saw it onsale at Tesco. Ive had disk 1 in my car for a few weeks and have played it on loop, its grown on me to a point where i really like it. Its the first ive ever really stuck with Maiden album, the last few have and gone for me without me really given them a chance. I aint made it to disk 2 yet😄

I think a lot of people were expecting the last headliner to be announced so it seems to have not got much of a response, but there’s a solid undercard forming. 

There’s seem to talk that Fear Factory are to be added as they’re set to tour with Static X in the US. Could just be people adding 2 and 2 and getting 5, but it would be a good place for the Fear Factory Version 4.0 to play with whoever the singer ends up being

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Shameless self promotion. We launched pre-orders for our debut full length yesterday along with this video. If you like shouty sludge metal in the vein of Crowbar, Primitive Man and Iron Monkey you may enjoy. Also if you just want to help us get the views up that's equally appreciated.

Pretty chuffed with the video considering it was filmed under a pub, with fuck all budget and then I edited it on a mobile. I'm the fat one on the left.

• Paid Members

yeah, that's a great line-up. My girlfriend and mates do ArcTanGent every year, but I've never been. Could definitely be tempted by Mono (new album is brilliant, btw), McLusky and The Locust, and absolutely no complaints about Opeth, Cult Of Luna, Tesseract or Amen Ra either. One of the girlfriend's mates is involved with The Armed, but I've never got round to listening to them yet - either way, I'm sure they're going to be raving about this lineup already.

That ArcTanGent line up looks absolutely cracking. I've always mean to go but the fact that it's a ball ache to get to and seems to piss down every year puts me off. But they do have a knack for getting bands to reform for just that festival. Maybeshewill, The Fall of Troy, Talons, Oathbreaker, Mclusky. I know Mclusky are doing a tour too and The Fall of Troy will probably do a couple of shows while they're here, but still.

17 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

That ArcTanGent line up looks absolutely cracking. I've always mean to go but the fact that it's a ball ache to get to and seems to piss down every year puts me off. But they do have a knack for getting bands to reform for just that festival. Maybeshewill, The Fall of Troy, Talons, Oathbreaker, Mclusky. I know Mclusky are doing a tour too and The Fall of Troy will probably do a couple of shows while they're here, but still.

Mass of the Fermenting Dregs is the big one for me, I knew they were back together for a little while but I'd never have expected them to play over here.

I think it's their first time in the country since originally forming in like '02.

On 10/1/2021 at 7:47 PM, wordsfromlee said:

Talons haven't actually split yet. They're playing Leeds and London at the end of the month (going to Leeds) and then Arctangent next year is their farewell.