The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Seeing Yungblud tonight in Bristol. I realise he divides a lot of opinion and isn't seen as rock by some but I unashamedly bloody love him. The whole dress sense, style of music, personality of I just don't care what anyone thinks is really something I think helps me be me too. It's the first time in about three years tonight I'm stepping out with eyeliner, eye shadow, not caring what comments get thrown my way which helps me be me again so power to it. Its always quite remarkable to me how much impact music can have on someone.

I saw A.A. Williams on Saturday, my first show since Covid. She was great, came across much heavier than on record.

It was also the first time I'd actually visited The Tin in Coventry and it's the smelliest little shithole venue, pretty sure I inhaled black mould while in there but I really liked the place and I want to see some nasty noise gigs in there.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I saw A.A. Williams on Saturday, my first show since Covid. She was great, came across much heavier than on record.

It was also the first time I'd actually visited The Tin in Coventry and it's the smelliest little shithole venue, pretty sure I inhaled black mould while in there but I really liked the place and I want to see some nasty noise gigs in there.

I had my 40th birthday party there! My ex mother in law is a patron. Seen a wide variety of acts there!

Vicky Hungerford, the Booker for Bloodstock, has had an absolute shocker.

jWJ7lLG.png

Tweet has since been deleted with a follow up of “Well that escalated quickly!”. Not even a sniff of an apology 

UPDATE:

She has now issued an apology (of sorts)

vV9A8DQ.jpg

So, what exactly was she intending?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

"I was NOT intending to offend when publicly questioning utilising a relatively innocuous set of tags made to make a marginalised and vulnerable group of people feel better about themselves. It was just my wine joke!"

Fuck off. Hate that bollocks. 

Alexis Marshall from Daughters had been named as an abuser by Lingua Ignota, this is something that's been known by a few over the past few years with threats thrown out to any who would call it out, silencing survivors.

But now with one of the biggest names in independent music openly stating it it's out there and gaining traction.

As is the style these days, Bloodstock Twitter seems to be just ignoring any mention of yesterday and hoping it goes away.

The Sophie Lancaster Foundation have made a statement on the matter though.

So they haven’t walked away yet, but there’s a chance that they could. 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

56 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Frank carter has aged a bit , looks a bit more “mature” as they say.

https://www.kerrang.com/features/the-fun-and-the-fury-of-frank-carter-rattlesnakes-most-aggressive-album-yet/

Never heard the Rattlesnakes stuff ! Any good ?

I love Frank. Years ago I was working a second job in WH Smith's at Cobham Services and he came in and bought 20 cans of coke and a Twirl. I told him I loved the first Gallows album (which I will put up against any modern 'punk' album) and he seemed genuinely touched.

Top lad.

19 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I love Frank. Years ago I was working a second job in WH Smith's at Cobham Services and he came in and bought 20 cans of coke and a Twirl. I told him I loved the first Gallows album (which I will put up against any modern 'punk' album) and he seemed genuinely touched.

Top lad.

Ah thats nice to hear…

Have Gallows been any good since he left ?

• Paid Members

Caught Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes supporting Biffy Clyro in Cardiff a month or so back. Hadnt really enjoyed anything id heard of theirs (which was very little) but they put on a hell of a live show. Quality frontman.

As for Gallows. Never really went deep in on them, but i did like the Wade MacNeil fronted stuff i heard.

• 2 weeks later...