The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

2 minutes ago, Panhead said:

I saw them at Leeds Arena in 2019. The production was definitely worthy of the big stage and it was a fairly decent sized crowd. 

Granted, Leeds Arena isn't anywhere near as big as Manchester etc. 

Not meaning to sound like one of those snobby types, but it’s mad to think that 4 years prior to that Leeds Arena show I saw them play at the University Union across the road in a downstairs room.

That was on the Meliora album cycle and I think they only ended up playing there (Leeds Beckett University) as the  O2 Academy was already booked that night.

Take out ‘Wait A Minute My Girl’ from the new Volbeat album and you’ve got a really decent new album from them.

Probably their heaviest material for the better part of a decade, but the whole thing just feels a lot more focused than the last two albums. ‘Wait A Minute My Girl’ is fucking awful, but thankfully is the only song that leans heavily into that rock n roll style that the band has become known for. There is a cover of Roy Orbison’s ‘Domino’ on there too but I think that’s only on the deluxe version

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

i didn't even know Exodus had a new record out, i will check that out.

Looking forward to that Volbeat album too. I know they are a bit of marmite band but ive loved every album they've put out, hoping for a tour annoucement soon as well.

I found out yesterday that you can hide songs on Spotify, essentially deleting them the album, which has improved the new Volbeat album immensely now that I don’t have to listen to ‘Wait A Minute My Girl’ ever again. I honestly can’t put into words how bad that song is.

Exodus are a band that I’ve tried to get into before (my mate absolutely loves them), but they just don’t do anything for me. Part of that is Steve Souza’s vocals, he just sounds awful. But that’s just my opinion

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Exodus are a band that I’ve tried to get into before (my mate absolutely loves them), but they just don’t do anything for me. Part of that is Steve Souza’s vocals, he just sounds awful. But that’s just my opinion

might be worth trying the Rob Dukes-era. His vocal style is abit more straight forward than Zetro's.