The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Apartment 26 were British. My mate was friendly with them. Cracking line up that. I bet it was a belter.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Weren’t they Geezer Butler’s son’s band?

Old man moment, but all that for £32.50, those were the days

No idea. I only saw them the once. They were pretty good fun to be fair. I've got their album somewhere.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, DEF said:

Apartment 26 were British. My mate was friendly with them. Cracking line up that. I bet it was a belter.

Ahh shit yeah, you're right. I had it in my head that they Cher's son's band. That was Deadsy though.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:51 AM, Egg Shen said:

Yeah, im a big of Raging Speedhorn. When they reformed back id never have expected them to out a couple of new records and consistently tour, i thought it'd a one off thing.

The lineup is different but they're still great. Speedhorn's success in the early 00's remains a bit of an anomaly. I saw them times back in the day, as well as opening the main stage at Ozzfest, but they were so different to anyone they played with, but they just connected. 

24326717862_78a005488e_b.thumb.jpg.71371f25ff6b5833d5840110b30e887d.jpg

I mean, talk about the odd band out. The only British band on the bill outside of Sabbath too.

I saw them a couple of times back in 2002. They were on the second stage of the Distortion festival in Nottingham and I also saw them opening for Rammstein at the Manchester Apollo. They were really good both times. Wouldn't have spilt their pints like. 

11 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

fill us in then..

I remember his parents instructed the people in charge of his trust fund, or whatever it was, to restrict his access to it because he was spending too much money on heroin. He now gets given a monthly spending allowance. He's in his mid-40s.

To be fair to him though, he didn't come to us expecting to get a guitar for free like a lot of artists do. He paid full retail price for it even if he is trying to flog it now.