The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I remember pressing record on the VCR before going to do my shift at the local Bingo Hall at the time to catch this.

It was a pretty big deal at the time, probably the first time most UK fans got to see any live footage of the band. Great memories.

Yeah I remember watching it. I’d been into them after hearing the demo to ‘Eyeless’ on one of the free Kerrang CDs a couple of years earlier, so seeing them on proper telly and not tucked away on MTV’s SuperRock at daft o’clock in the morning was a big thing.

Evans then calling the song ‘Bleed & Wait’, my Dad just confused by the whole thing and my mum horrified that I listened to “devil music”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeah, Eyeless on a free Kerrang! cd was my introduction too. Those free cd/tapes were priceless to me back in the day.

I’m almost certain this is the one it was on.

8JehR5y.jpg
I don’t remember much else from other than the Atari Teenage Riot track, although I will have liked whatever Neurosis track was on there

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Went to see In Flames last night. Pretty cool to see a band of their stature in a 200 odd cap venue in Bristol, they sounded fucking massive and the band were clearly enjoying playing in small, sweaty environment. Modern In Flames output is pretty divisive but there's no denying that material sounds great live. Hell of a night 🤘🏻

• Paid Members

Where was that @Egg Shen ? One of my best nights out was King 810’s first UK show at a venue called The Thekla in Bristol. Me and my mate were walking around trying to find it until we saw someone carrying a drumkit onto a boat and realised the show was on the boat! 

• 4 weeks later...

Static X and Hatebreed have both cancelled all of their European dates for the year, meaning that both have cancelled their Bloodstock appearances for the second year running. Dark Tranquillity have been announced as the new headliner for The Sophie Lancaster Stage for the Sunday night, with a replacement for the Saturday Night Sophie Stage headliner to be announced soon. Tallah, who were also due to play the Saturday on the Sophie Stage, have also cancelled their appearance and have been replaced by Defects

Also it was announced yesterday that Slyvia Lancaster, mother of Sophie Lancaster and founder of the Sophie Lancaster Foundation, has passed away following a period of ill health.

Awful news, Sylvia has done great work over the years.

Wasn't there talk of them cutting ties with Bloodstock last year? Vicky Hungerford is a pretty horrible person, from transphobia to victim blaming SA survivors it's wild that they can have a stage dedicated to Sophie.

Edited by Merzbow

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Awful news, Sylvia has done great work over the years.

Wasn't there talk of them cutting ties with Bloodstock last year? Vicky Hungerford is a pretty horrible person, from transphobia to victim blaming SA survivors it's wild that they can have a stage dedicated to Sophie.

I don’t think they officially said there were going to cut ties following Vicky’s moronic comments earlier this year, but they certainly seemed to threaten to. Vicky has since made a low-key return to Twitter and that SLF will be at Bloodstock this year as well as announcing  a new partnership with Derbyshire LGBT+*, so it seems as though fences have been mended.

https://www.bloodstock.uk.com/news/bloodstock-reveals-bands-club-nights-plans-with-sohie-lancaster-foundation

As for the stage being named after Sophie, when Carcass played in 2014 Jeff Walker pointed out the irony of that when you had Faust playing in Emperor in the headline slot, which seemed to go over most people’s heads when he said it. 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

bloody hell, was anybody a fan of Symposium back in the 90's? this was my shit when I was 16.

The band are probably a year or so older than me, so when they were around they didn't seem young to me, but look at that picture, they were wee nippers!