The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Was there yesterday when they did the announcement and played a video package on the main stage screens which was pretty cool. If we're talking in pro wrestling terms, Lamb of God got the biggest pop by far.

Speaking of yesterday, Devin Townsend's headline set was incredible. Easily one of the best headline sets ive seen at Bloodstock, just a big heavy, silly, funny, joyous celebration of a set. Only downer was he didn't play Life. If he'd ended with that i may very well have burst into tears.

20210813_222318.thumb.jpg.915751c44dc69b3e1d737bfc2e926d64.jpg

Thats my sole photo ^

Edited by Egg Shen

@Egg Shenand I’m imagining that Butcher Babies got the anti-pop, they’re fucking shit.

Static X are an interesting choice but I’d be up for watching them. Guessing that Behemoth haven’t been rebooked to headline as I’m sure they would’ve announced them, unless they’re announcing more over the next two days.

I’m hoping that his set makes it to the Bloodstock YouTube channel eventually (the headline sets usually do but not for a few months afterwards), he doesn’t disappoint.

I know you mentioned that you only went for the day, but there anything noticeably different in terms of COVID measures? Or was it just like ‘The Before Times’?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

the only band that got zero reaction was Vio-lence which was quite weird, everyone got a decent cheer. 

As for Covid measures, other than some super slack inspection on the gate there was none. The site itself was packed, it was as full as ive ever seen it.

Strange bones and calva louise are playing a special intimate hometown show this coming Friday to celebrate there album releases.

Very special hometown intimate album release show!

JOIN US TO CELEBRATE THE RELEASE OF BOTH THE STRANGE BONES & CALVA LOUISE ALBUMS. LIVE PERFORMANCES FROM BOTH BANDS.

***130 CAP, ENTRY ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS***
£5.00 ENTRY OTD, FREE CD'S OF BOTH ALBUMS UPON ARRIVAL

DOORS AT 6PM
7.30 - KRIS FOGG
8.30 - BLAKE ELEVEN
9.30 - CALVA LOUISE
10.30 - STRANGE BONES
LFG

https://facebook.com/events/s/strange-bones-x-calva-louise-a/511335656826271/

35 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Where is it? If you're going to plug your own gig you might as well go to the trouble of posting where it actually is. 

It's a show I'm playing but it's there headline show I apologize I thought I put where it is. It's at urban arts in st Anne's our hometown.

Just done 2 days at Bloodstock. Not so much in the way of bands for me with the ones pulling out. Ever so convenient for me though living 5 minutes away. 

Was really looking forward to While She Sleeps again after the pilot and they didn’t disappoint. Was abit worried how they would go down. 

Wargasm pulled a crowd, there just shit though aren’t they? Frontman is alright but she’s just so annoying 

• Paid Members

i saw lots about Wargasm after the Download Pilot, the knock seemed to be that the band aren't able to play their own songs at a competent level live which is a bit of an issue playing a huge festival stage. 

Like ive said before though, im not surprised While She Sleeps went down well, Bloodstock is nowhere near as unforgiving as people would think. Higher Power went down quite well on Friday and some of their stuff is borderline pop punk.

Oh yeah they certainly aren’t a good live band. 

Most of there original stuff since “Spit” has been garbage to be fair. Just don’t get the hype, and I was well behind them after DLTV. 

Bloodstock is a wonderful time anyway, I would recommend to anyone looking for entry level festival. So easy to get around. This and Pilot this year have been a dream. In an ideal world we could have a pilot size download as either a prelude or after the main show