The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

on that tour in 2012 they also had Cable with them which was great! im hoping they add an opener next year as well.

Hell is For Heroes had Vex Red opening for them in 2018 along with A. I missed Vex Red on the night though 😔

Edited by Egg Shen

19 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

on that tour in 2012 they also had Cable with them which was great! im hoping they add an opener next year as well.

Hell is For Heroes had Vex Red opening for them in 2018 along with A. I missed Vex Red on the night though 😔

I finally got to see Vex Red after about 15 years of waiting on their comeback tour which was amazing. I wish I got to see them at Meltdown Festival when they played with the string quartet. I’ll always have a man crush on Terry Abbott. I remember chatting to him when I saw his post-Vex Red band, Septembre, and he was telling us all about why they got dropped by the label and split up. It’s pretty sad for a band who were on the cusp of big things.

I saw My Vitriol at 2000 Trees a couple of years back as wasn’t fussed by them at all. I love Finelines but I watched about three songs and was so bored. 

A rare episode of Merzbow's Black Metal Corner..

Came across this today which might be up the street of a few here, Wretch by Anti-God Hand (yeah, probably a Berserk reference).

It somehow manages to mix the nastiest lo-fi cosmic black metal with elements of prog rock and other styles far from black metal, managing to be strangely accessible while completely unforgiving and raw.

https://antigodhand.bandcamp.com/album/wretch

Holy shit 

https://metalinjection.net/news/former-slipknot-drummer-joey-jordison-has-passed-away

Can't quite process that one. Saw him play a couple of times in Slipknot and that time he stepped in for Lars Ulrich at Download and double kicked the fuck out of some Black Album songs.

Edited by cobra_gordo

He was always the real star of Slipknot back then, I think. He was the one everyone looked at and wanted to be in the crowd as teenage fans. And as much as Slipknot were the gateway drug for heavier bands - where you'd eventually grow to realise there were plenty of other crazier bands - Jordinson was that drummer where as a youngster you just simply did not hear anything like it before. 

I still bang the opening of Sic with my fingers on surfaces as a sort of subconscious thing all the time. Taking nothing away from Jay Weinberg and the more polished era of Slipknot, but in many ways the band ended with Joey. 

Huge loss. Poor guy.