The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

6 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

None on the same day but there are a couple of bands playing more than one day of the two weekends.

Ah yeah I see them now, of course MegaDave would be one of them. Even so, that’s still a very small number of acts doing so, so credit to them for getting that sheer number of bands across the board.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I can imagine it being a fucking nightmare trying to get around to see all the bands you want to see tho.

Logistically, for a massive festival, Hellfest is great. All the smaller stages are quite close together and easy to move between. The two main stages are just stupid big though, if you arrive at them late or aint prepared to stay at them they are pretty much a write off if you wanna get any decent distance from the stage.

Seeing Creeper's reaction at the Download Pilot gave me goosebumps. They're not everybody's cup of tea - granted - but they're definitely the good guys. Headbanging to a band that my fiancee is obsessed with where they're soft enough to be HIM but just about edgy enough to get a Darkthrone tattoo kinda remind me why Download fucking rules. For better or worse it's always gonna have that Kerrang/Scuzz stink, never gonna quite have that Hellfest line up etc etc but there's also no other festival where you'll have that mental emo disco vibe. And in a daft way I really think that's to its strength. 

So yeah. Can't wait to hopefully go to Download next year again! 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Creeper was incredible, though I lost my Santa hat crowd surfing at the end.

Download has killed me. Just so many good moments and emotions, two men kidnapped me into a rocktail bar mosh pit while Christmas songs were playing, and I got to be Download Santa for 2 days.

Vukovi was incredible. Highlight of my weekend by far.

Have one of the only photos I took all weekend.

PXL_20210619_193242805_MP.jpg

• Paid Members

😄 im sure you got mentioned in the Louder Sound review @Shy Dadsure they metioned Santa when talking about people people dressed up.

Was following along on twitter on the weekend, wasnt a lot there musically id have wanted to see but it looked like a good time!

• Paid Members

I'll be checking that out. The single Mystery they put is probably my favorite ever Turnstile song. They throw all sorts into the mix and but i always seems to work. 

As for gigs, there aint many shows i feel to buy a ticket for the instant i see them advertised but i had to buy a ticket for this:

FB_IMG_1624981566593.jpg.c6fecbeaea5ce0912e8b48adfb637cdb.jpg