The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 7/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

Clown's somehow risen to being the credited leader of the band's creative direction in the ensuing years, because he does their visuals and sounds really pretentious in interviews about what they do.

He does the bit where it goes 'ding' in Duality, too. 

Yeah, Clown annoys me. Always banging on about his 'art' and whatnot. 

With regards to the writing I always thought it was Jordison and Paul Gray who were the primary writers early on. Its rare that a band loses its two main songwriters and continues to grow. Guess that just highlights the strengh of Slipknot as a brand. 

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

With regards to the writing I always thought it was Jordison and Paul Gray who were the primary writers early on. Its rare that a band loses its two main songwriters and continues to grow. Guess that just highlights the strengh of Slipknot as a brand. 

If I remember correctly they co-wrote the self-titled except 'Wait & Bleed', him and Gray both co-wrote Iowa together then took the songs to the studio for the others to tart up, and from then on all the others had proper input. Hence why the first two albums don't have any guitar solos.