The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

On 6/29/2021 at 5:36 PM, wordsfromlee said:

The Hell are back with 'Joris: A Hardcore Opera pt.2'. It's silly and very tongue in cheek but it's great fun and catchy as hell in parts.

I checked out both part 1 and part 2 for the first time last week and I thought it was really really fun. 
The hell aren't meant to be taken seriously but both these albums are well worth a shot for anyone that likes chuggy metalcore 

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Haven’t heard Employed To Serve, but definitely going to that. 

They're fantastic live. I saw them at Slam Dunk the other year and they were absolutely vicious. Them and Conjurer are the two bands for me that stand to be massive in the next couple of years.

23 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

In one of the more unique bookings for the festival season, Brian Blessed, sorry, BRIAN BLESSED! has been announced for the Sunday at Bloodstock 2021

Speaking of which,

My Lingua Ignota t-shirt arrived today which caused me to remember about her new single which I'm loving. Mainly for the fact that - even though you could kind of class this as some kind of "piano ballad" - you just know that the track after it on the new album will be pure noise and I'm so excited to hear the transition to the next track when the album comes out. The new record comes out on Sargent House too, which I'm not surprised by at all. 

Glad she's no longer on Profound Lore, the new song's really not clicking with me yet but as you say the next track is likely some death industrial nastiness. There's just so many amazing women making noise and industrial right now and putting the vast majority of guys to shame, a lot of it's the lack of macho pretense, too many men in that scene are laughable.

The likes of Pharmakon, Himukalt, Puce Mary and Uboa just to name a few are class.

I guess the new Backxwash fits this thread, could probably just as much fit in the electronic and hip-hop threads too tho. It's so fucking good, mixing industrial, metal, hip-hop/horrorcore in to this finely produced melting pot.

The title track is just so nasty with Ada Rook from Black Dresses giving some lovely black metal vocals.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

more changes to Bloodstock:

20210713_114540.jpg.e10a724651d44367063688dc9ae4c2c7.jpg

ive got a ticket for the Friday, id have been happy to go to any of those 3 days i think. It's slowly turning into the heavier end of Download Pilot part 2 in terms of whos playing. It's not a typical Bloodstock lineup but i like it.

You’re you’re right it’s a not a typical Bloodstock, Gloryhammer are playing third from the top for Christ’s sake, but it’s probably as good a bill as they could’ve hoped to put together under the circumstances.

It’ll be interesting to see whether or not While She Sleeps will get the same kind of treatment that King 810 got the other year.

You’ll also notice that Lotus Eater have disappeared from the bill, which has come in the wake of allegations of rape, assault, emotional abuse, violent threats amongst other thing against vocalist Paul Collins (which he has denied and is apparently taking legal action against), which has lead to the band disbanding altogether. They were due to release their debut album next week, which I imagine has been cancelled/postponed (although I can find anything official on that)

Edited by WyattSheepMask