The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

The new Ruins Of Beverast album is fantastic, though - some really chilling atmospheric doom, one of those albums where the "heaviness" almost creeps up on you as you get lost in the sound.

I may need to give it another go but I thought this was a big step down from the previous two, with only Kromlech Knell being memorable. A couple of my mates love it though so maybe it's just me.

• Paid Members

that's fair - I'm not overly familiar with their old stuff, I just stuck it on while working my way through new releases, so don't have a lot to compare it with. As a standalone, I really enjoyed it, so I might have to give their older material a listen. 

On 4/7/2021 at 2:55 PM, Merzbow said:

GY!BE are touring here at the start of 2022, just bought my ticket for the new Cov Empire.

Decided to return to the motherland for this one and snagged a ticket. Didn’t realise it was the old JJB store! That should be a cracking location

50 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It used to be an old cinema too, didn't it? I still remember the stairs up there but it was gone before the time I ever started going to the pictures.

Yeah, the ABC. I used to go to the Saturday morning matinee for a quid when I was a young un. Of course, a quid was a lot of money back then. It could buy you an onion to hang off your belt.